HELP!!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

by Utopian_Raindrops 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

HELP!!!

Ok......I have access to WT Literature dating all the way back to 1919!!

This is not a permanent access but a temporary one.

So please tell me what books, mags, Brochures, etc. would be key for me to get my grubby hands on and scan!!!

I know I want the 1935 or is it 34-year book?!?!?!

There is another book from 1937 that Rutherford writes the Nazis will win the war. So I am looking for that one.

Anyway.....please help me and tell me what I should be looking for in each publication please.

Gracias in advance!

Agape, Utopian_Raindrops

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Be sure to check the Watchtowers from 1922 especially, they are a blast. You dont have to read every article, just eye scan them looking for dates and calculations in them,There are a lot, especially mid year. Those articles are worth reading. Starting about 1926 Russell got thrown out. WTs from 1927, 28 deal largely with dumping Russellism. They are worth reading too.

Thats about as much as I can tell you.

• blondie
    blondie

I found that the 6 copies of the Studies in the Scriptures are affordable through the used book sites. The Bible Student sites also have reprints at a reasonable cost. The Finished Mystery is the 7th volume but not really written by Russell.

The publications written by Rutherford are even more affordable. I wanted a copy of the Prohibition booklet and finally found a copy under $20. Prohibition is presented as a scheme of the Devil.

Blondie

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Utopian.

The most interesting thing about the 1922 Watchtowers is that they absolutely insist that Russells theories ARE Gods theories, and anyone who doesnt believe that they are Gods theories is a worshipper of SATAN.

While the 1928 Watchtowers absolutely insist that Russells theories ARE NOT Gods theories and anyone who believes they are Gods theories worships SATAN.

1922....May 15 WT..... June 15 WT.....July 15 WT..... these are pretty important mags for historians....(Dogmatic insistence upon Russellism as Truth, post release from the 1918 "Captivity")

Edited by - refiners fire on 27 January 2003 2:22:3

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

WT March 1. 1925. "Birth of the Nation". Very important article.

Sorry!!.Wrong article!! It was "Temple of God" August 1, 1926 that established the "1918 Temple" line of reasoning they used to overturn Russell..... Not "birth of the Nation"..... Read "Birth of the nation" anyway....

June 1, 1927. WT. "First Resurrection" . The resurrection occurred in 1918. not 1878 like Russell taught.....

Edited by - refiners fire on 27 January 2003 2:44:11

• Mac
    Mac

Utopian'

The title of the book by Rutherford written in '37 is Enemies. Lots of nazi stuff in the index. I'll look for the content you need.

mac

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

VERY COOL GUYS!

Thank you so much!!!

1922 Watchtowers is that they absolutely insist that Russells theories ARE Gods.....1928 Watchtowers absolutely insist that Russells theories ARE NOT Gods

The intellect of The WTBS is truly dizzying!! Isnt it!!! LOL Ty Refiners!

Who is The Finished Mystery by then? WT History is so like a bad soap opera!! Thanks for the advice Blondie. I am looking to buy some publications for my own library but for now I can get a hold of these for free and for me that is best. Even if it is just temporary.

Mac I would so appreciate anything you can tell direct me too! Thank you.

I am at this time writing a brochure about The WT policy of lying for God.

When I am done with this one I will pass it out to elders and JWs I know as well as anyone studying. I intend also to post it on the net.

I also have other subjects I will be writing papers on posting and printing out. If they thought I was zealous when I was in....they havent seen anything yet!

Thank- you so much for all your help guys!!

Ciao 4 now,Utopian_Raindrops

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 27 January 2003 5:33:34

• Francois
    Francois

If you have an index to WT publications, please look up prophet in the index and find the reference in a WT back in the late 70s or early 80s. There is a study article in the WT around that time that flatly states that the WT society "acts as a prophet." This particular WT is not on the CD-ROM, wonder why? However, it is the most direct claim I've ever seen the WT make that they are prophets. The statement "acts as a prophet" is kind of weaseley, but thta's characteristic of all they say. I would be really interested in finding that study article.

I found all this once at my parent's home when I still went there. I don't do that any more, and I'd really like to have that reference.

This is typical JW intellectual dishonesty, and proves that in claiming they've never said they were prophets that they are also liars.

Many thanks,
    francois

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

am at this time writing a brochure about The WT policy of lying for God.
    When I am done with this one I will pass it out to elders and JWs I know as well as anyone studying. I intend also to post it on the net.

WOOOHOOOOOO U_R has grown cajones way to go Aztec princess.

Blondie

It's no wonder The Judge wrote about the prohabition as being from His Father, he was sozzled most of the time. And he wanted continous supply...LOL

LMAO

• greven
    greven

I also have other subjects I will be writing papers on posting and printing out.

Very interesting U_R! Please keep us updated!

Greven.

Edited by - greven on 27 January 2003 6:14:56

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit