UN attack on Religion, JW Harlot Prophecy

by ah hahaha 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Aha ha,

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2001/aug/010820a.html

That link you supplied, How exactly, are you linking it with The JWs and the "UN attack on Religion, JW Harlot Prophecy "

JW's believe that the UN will turn on (Babylon The Great) The World Empire of False Religion together with the peoples and crowds and nations and tongues , Right?

*** re 256 35 Executing the Great *** My comments added in Red Certainly, the immense material wealth of the Babylon The Great will not save her . Seems to me The WTBTS have pretty good wealth too. It may even hasten her destruction, for the vision shows that when the wild beast and the ten horns vent their hatred on her they will strip off her royal robes and all her jewelry. They will plunder her wealth. They make her . . . naked, shamefully exposing her real character. What devastation! Her end is also far from dignified. They destroy her, eat up her fleshy parts, reducing her to a lifeless skeleton. Finally, they completely burn her with fire. She is burned up like a carrier of the plague, without even a decent burial! It is not the nations alone, as represented by the ten horns, that destroy the great harlot, but the wild beast, meaning the UN itself, joins them in this rampage. It will give its sanction to the destruction of false religion.

*** re 258 35 Executing the Great *** Yes, the nations will use the scarlet-colored wild beast, the United Nations, in destroying the Great. Yada Yada Yada

What makes you think, that The WTBTS will somehow be exonerated of that desolation, by the UN and the ten horns (peoples and crowds and nations and tongues)? Now be careful how you answer that, because if you sat they are the FDS, and Jehovah will protect them, YOU will have to prove to us why YOU identify them as the FDS.

According to that article you supplied above, I know for a fact that the WTBTS have the same sentiments when it comes to pro life as do most other monotheistic religions of the world. So if that is a pre-requisite or indication that The UN will turn on religion, and totally destroy it, wouldnt the JWs be just as targeted as the rest seeing they have similar views?

But the UN Secretariat isn't opposed to all religion , she said. " They don't mind Hindus and Buddhists , because they've got more flexible moral codes . And they love the Bahai's because Bahai's are big on world government. But they don't like Orthodox Judaism, Christianity or IslamGee I wonder why- any religion with an absolute moral code is an obstacle to them."

But why is it an obstacle, because it violates basic Human Rights? Peoples right to think freely and to make choices, and decisions for themselves, without encumbrance by religion.

Besides, I thought the destruction of the Great (The World Empire of False religion) included ALL False religion? But above she says NOT opposed to all religion? Isnt Buddhism, Hinduism, Bahaism false according to you?

Can you see how The Organisation is using their own interpretation, to suit this argument Aha ha?

Oops another quote i totally forgot about cos they don't put it on ther new CD's see...wonder why...thanks hooberus

"We cannot but admire the high principles embodied in the proposed League of Nations, formulated undoubtedly by those who have no knowledge of the great plan of God. This fact makes all the more wonderful the ideals which they express. For instance, it has been made plain by President Wilson and the advocates of his ideas that the proposed League of Nations is more than merely a league to enforce peace. They would not have us consider it to exclusively from the standpoint of politics or of military relations. It should be considered as fully from the economic and social points of view. The President's idea seems to be that the League of Nations which he proposes would stand for world service rather than mere world regulation in the military sense, and that the very smallest of nations shall be participants in its every arrangement. In other words, his idea undoubtedly is that the league shall not be established merely for the purpose of promoting peace by threat or coercion; but that its purpose, when put into operation, will be to make all nations of earth one great family, working together for the common benefit in all the avenues of national life. Truly this is idealistic, and approximates in a small way that which God has foretold that he will bring about after this great time of trouble." Watch Tower February 15, 1919 p.51 reprints page 6389

Edited by - Gizmo on 28 January 2003 4:52:22

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

Gizmo:

Good post

I do not believe the WTS is exempt from the attack, I never did, I always believed ALL would have to go in the UN's mind.
    JW's will be included for sure.

FDS: Whoever "endures to the end" of the great tribulation will have the last word. Those that still have strong faith can be the ONLY ones "enduring". Who is that?

Linking the JW's to the attack...JW's have preached this for years and it may just be the one prophecy they get right, who knows, I do know I about crapped myself when I read this article in the paper.

Common sense says religion must go and the world will be more accepting these days because the world knows what false religion has done for man.

Carmel:
    The official story is one thing and what happens behind closed doors is quite another, don't politicains lie alot?

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Gizmo:

Good post

I do not believe the WTS is exempt from the attack, I never did, I always believed ALL would have to go in the UN's mind.
    JW's will be included for sure

Thank you,

But you see Aha, the further you look into JWism, you will find that they in fact DO believe they will be exempt, because Jehovah will intervene on their behalf and only on their behalf.

However, it's actually the hypocrisy I would like you to take note of, rather than the Dogma.

I don't know where you stand, anymore, as to becoming a member of the society, as one of your last posts on another thread seemed to imply that you were thinking of becoming a JW. I strongly recommend you read AlanF Essay on "Thinking Ability and The Watchtower Society." http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/think.htm

In there, you will see the hypocritical techniques they use, and how scripture is twisted to manipulate members minds, and emotions. This isn't fantasy, I personally was a victim, as were many here, you really do start believing Black is White, and White is Black, because they say it is.

They are very good at it Aha, if they weren't they would not have over 6,000,000 members. My Family included. My Father is a very well educated man, before he associated with the Org he graduated very high in his class at University, and could have become very sucessful, he speaks several different languages including Greek, which is his primary and favourite language. However he gave the advantage of a good education away, and refused promotions in companies he worked for, even though he was greatly more qualified than the people he worked under, and for what? To become a dedicated JW. He became a presiding overseer of his congregation, pioneered, and still managed to raise us all, with very little help other than Mom. I don't even want to go into some of the hardships my parents endured.

He recently admitted to me that he greatly regrets ever becoming involved with the organisation, and discovered many many years ago the false teaching of 1914, which is the foundation the society is built upon. But he said to me in tears that he especially regrets it for our sake, his children. My dad is very old now, so he feels it doesn't matter anymore who knows, he can't attend meetings, because he is ill, and unable to attend, do you think any of his "christian brothers" ever volunteered to help out? Well, they didn't, however recently someone reported him of talking against the 1914 doctrine, and 2 elders, promptly showed up at his door trying to catch him out. Hehehe, idiots, they have to get up pretty early to catch my Dad out, like I said though not that it matters to him anymore, but he is still trying to protect the family we have inside.

No matter how you view the people on this site Aha, the truth is The WTBTS is a CULT, I didn't want to believe it either, but sadly it is so, and I dedicated many years of my life to them.

But you know what, I used to use this scripture once to give me a boost and played it over in my mind to assist me while pioneering, and especially when I felt out numbered.

Now I use it to boost my resolve against a society that espouse Love, but in reality only propagate hatred.

Darby New American Standard American Standard Version
    2 Kings
    2 Kings 6
    15 And when the attendant of the man of God rose early and went forth, behold, an army surrounded the city, with horses and chariots. And his servant said to him, Alas, my master! how shall we do? Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, a host with horses and chariots was round about the city. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
    16 And he said, Fear not, for they that are with us are more than they that are with them. So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." And he answered, Fear not; for they that are with us are more than they that are with them.
    17 And Elisha prayed and said, Jehovah, I pray thee, open his eyes that he may see. And Jehovah opened the eyes of the young man, and he saw; and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha. Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha. And Elisha prayed, and said, Jehovah, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And Jehovah opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Nope I am NOT alone.

Just wanted to add, some comparisons for you:

Notes on the FINISHED MYSTERY (1917)

After Russell's death in 1916, Joseph F. Rutherford became president of the Society. In 1917 he published The Finished Mystery in which he made some bold predictions of his own regarding the years 1918 and 1920. These predictions also failed to materialize. However when a new edition of the book was published in 1926, the offending statements were modified so as to cover up the false prediction:

The Finished Mystery 1917 Edition

"Also in the year 1918, when God destroys the churches and the church members by millions it shall be that any that escape shall come to the works of Pastor Russell to learn the meaning of the downfall of "Christianity."

"16:20. And every island fled away. Even the republics will disappear in the fall of 1920."

"And the mountains were not found. Every kingdom of the earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." -page 485 (A-11)

"The three days in which Pharaoh's host pursued the Israelites into the wilderness represent the three years from 1917 to 1920 at which time all of Pharaoh's messengers will be swallowed up in the sea of angry humanity. The wheels will come off their chariots - organizations." -page 258
    (A-11)

The Finished Mystery 1926 Edition

"Also in the year 1918, when God begins to destroy the churches and the church members by millions it shall be that any that escape shall come to the works of Pastor Russell to learn the meaning of the downfall of "Christianity."

"16:20. And every island fled away. Even the republics will disappear in the time of anarchy."

"And the mountains were not found. Every kingdom of the earth will pass away, be swallowed up in anarchy." -page 485 (A-11)

"The three days in which Pharaoh's host pursued the Israelites into the wilderness represent the three years preceding the time of anarchy at which time all of Pharaoh's messengers will be swallowed up in the sea of angry humanity. The wheels will come off their chariots - organizations." -page 258

Misc. notes on the Finished Mystery:

*** The Finished Mystery, 1926 edition, p 85 ***

[Regarding Job 40:15 to 41:34, where "leviathan" is interpreted as a train locomotive]
    Thou wilt lengthen out leviathan (the locomotive) with a hook (automatic coupler) or with a snare (coupling-link) to drop down. Wilt thou not place a ring (piston) in his nostrils (cylinders) or pierce through his cheeks (piston-ends) with a staff (piston rod)? Will he make repeated supplications unto thee (to get off the track)? Or will he utter soft tones unto thee (when he screeches with the whistle)? ... Wilt thou play with him as with a bird (make him whistle at will)? Or wilt thou bind (enslave) him for thy maidens (so that you can take them to a picnic or convention)? Companies (of stockholders) will feast upon him (his earnings).. [Emphasis added]

How many books has the Society published on Revelation?

Thus far, the Watchtower Society has published four successive interpretations of the book of Revelation. The Finished Mystery in 1917 was the first. Next came Light in 1930, published in two volumes. Yet to come were Babylon the Great Has Fallen! God's Kingdom Rules, in 1963 and its companion Then Is Finished the Mystery of God in 1969, and finally in 1988 Revelation, Its Grand Climax At Hand! Each successive interpretation has had to revise and correct the errors in understanding of the previous offering, as the outworking of history demonstrated their predictions to be false. The prophecies in The Finished Mystery were described as "established truths," and "God's dates, not mans." But now in the Light book, these "truths" were set aside with the following explanation:

"For many years those who have loved God have sought for an understanding of the prophecies, and particularly those written by Daniel and Ezekiel, and those in Revelation. God has never been displeased with this effort, as is indicated by the Scriptures; nor should it be expected that God will permit the true understanding of these prophecies to be had until his due time." Light Vol. 2, page 295

Edited by - Gizmo on 29 January 2003 22:5:42

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

if anyone would like an indepth analysis of the UN Charter of Human Rights and why the charter is complete dog poo, please look at this link....

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45454&site=3

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit