UN attack on Religion, JW Harlot Prophecy

by ah hahaha 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

larc:

propaganda I was referring to was UN stance on religion and how much they "like it" in the literature they publish, I am still investigating UN-WT connection which is a separate issue.

me and the JW's? same reason I am here, research, I like ALOT of info before i commit and I agree with all of you that JW's is alot of work and sacrifice, I too like my freedom. I have not made a decision either way.
    I can't thank you all enough for the information you provide. I am reading it all and learning, I just cant' respond to all the posts, I have a business to run.

• larc
    larc

ha, ha, some here believe the Bible, some don't. Now, whether we do or not, does not change the fact that you can not prove anything about 1919 with the use of the Bible. If you try to prove any WT belief with the Bible, believe me when I say that we can disprove the WT with the Bible. I think your last comment is nothing more than a cop out. Now, regarding that newspaper article on the UN, why don't you post a reference. I am sure we can find it. We don't need you to print it out.

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

I like these:

"At the 1996 Istanbul Conference, the director general of the World Health Organization (then Dr. Hiroshi Nakajima) told a press conference that `the three great monotheistic religions are not compatible with the New World Order'," Dykxhoorn, a Christian Reformed Protestant, recalled.

"I heard him say it. And when you're a member of one of those monotheistic religions, it's rather chilling."

But the UN Secretariat isn't opposed to all religion, she said. "They don't mind Hindus and Buddhists, because they've got more flexible moral codes. And they love the Bahai's because Bahai's are big on world government. But they don't like Orthodox Judaism, Christianity or Islam -- any religion with an absolute moral code is an obstacle to them."

the rest is here

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2001/aug/010820a.html

• Soledad
    Soledad
    do not read WT, I am not a JW, I only know what they preach, and have a very good understanding of the bible (if I blow my own horn

Well then you are a JW if you're blowing your own horn.

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

Thanks for the UN-WT link: http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69/

I noticed one name associated with the membership is no longer with the org.

"NGOs associated with the United Nations show the Watchtowers name and address along with the names W.L. Barry, Ciro Aulicino and Robert Johnson. Mr. Barry was a former Governing Body member and past Vice President."

What about the OTHER guys, were they about to leave to and wanted to go out with a bang? Is Mr Barry still with the org?

"It is shocking that a Watchtower leadership would voluntarily agree to politically support a UN charter and sacrifice its own teachings and members all for the sake of a measly library card that it did not need."

Exactly my toughts, can you say setup? this site is inconclusive that it was really the WT that joined. not just some guys trying to
    make it appear that way as they left the org.

My thoughts, not yours

• zev
    zev

ah hahaha said:

I realized since Jan 21 when I showed up here that all or most of you like to prove the bible wrong so no arguement from me will carry any weight on 1919 or any subject, I'll stick to world events, something tangable

not EVERYONE here has a quest to disprove the bible. i am one of those. it is not my mission in life, nor is it THE reason that i left the cult. my reasons were many, and NONE of them were due to bible correctness/incorrectness or what i perceve as such.

my reasons were more on the actions of the leaders or the perceived action/inactions.

take for instance the UN issue you want to know so much about.

you HAD to be here and watch it UNFOLD before your eyes. it was actually predictable. too predictable. as soon as it became public.......woah nellie....

they had to retract their membership.

check it out, and do your research. as we all did.

which is why we leave.

we see the truth. the real truth.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I would like to point out that that article came from an ultra-orthodox Christian website which endorses the pro-life stance. The JWs are one of many conservative Christian groups that loves to hypothesize about "what's really going on" at the UN. Just take a look at the "Left Behind" series garbage.

Your sources simply are not that reputible, sir.

Bradley

• ah hahaha
    ah hahaha

logansrun:

I would like to point out that that article came from an ultra-orthodox Christian website which endorses the pro-life stance.

Well thats the link I found..it is a newspaper article reprinted there, I have the original paper didn't feel like typing it all out.

Asking the AUTHOR about his religious bias or ignor what the article says is up to you.

ZEV: reading the letters to and from the WTS at your site, interesting

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Let's just say that religion is on the fade, and that people around the world would eventually not go up in arms about such a move....how long could this take? Hundreds of years? More? How long would it take for people to get to the point where they would no longer fight for their right to congregate and talk about God. Hell, ever been to southern US? You think they're about to give up their bible-thumping ways?

Religion waxes and wanes throughout time. This is one of those times it is waning. It means nothing other than people are fed up with corruption within religion, and want a change back to a simpler/no religion. It has nothing to do with the JWs, other than they live on the same planet as us, and will ride along with the change. They will reform or burn out.

ash

• Carmel
    Carmel

This is not and never has been the policy of the United Nations. Anyone claiming so is totaly bogus. The UN not only encourages the involvement in NGO's by the religions of the world it has facilitated the convening of a major meeting of the minds of the leaders of religious thought to provide the elected leaders with their perception of how to achieve the goals of world peace.

carmel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit