Do you have a special talent?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• shera
    shera

Ummm,I guess my talent is just Taekwondo...never was able to get my black belt tho,because I hurt my knee and had to stop training and just never went back.

• D8TA
    D8TA

I have the talent for getting in to trouble. Does that count?

• Dolphin57
    Dolphin57

Im really flexible, and I can dance. Also, I am very perceptive of other people's feelings and emotions.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

SheilaM,

You and I must be in the same boat. I too, am empathetic to a fault and quite able to "read" people. I really "feel" what another feels, and although it serves a purpose, I'm sure, it's rather difficult sometimes.

I've learned the hard way, that I have to "hold back" for my own good. I recently lost a dear friend, from childhood because I was "too open" with her. It freaked her out, and she won't return my calls or answer any mail.

I was wondering: do you have entense dreams that seem to be very real-----and then like dejavu, later on, something happens in real life, that either affects you or someone you don't even know--and boom, your "dream" is smacking you right in the face? That even freaks ME out!

The JW's used to try to convince me that all of this was from demons.

Edited by - Sentinel on 27 January 2003 10:40:56

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Sentinel:

Oh yes I DO, it can be a year later and things will be happening and I will be thinking hmm didn't I dream this because I KNOW what is going to happen etc.

Not sure if you read my poem about my grandbaby but I did dream of her I walked into the spare bedroom my daughter was visiting and I told her what I dreamed, then I didnn't see her for two months. She was all of a week pregnant! Makayla looks just like the lil girl the hair the eyes etc. So I freak my daughter out.

On 9/11 I even freaked Thunder out because the news was still thinking that everything was an accident I was in a zone I told him it was terrorism and that it wasn't over. I also "knew" what happened on the other plane that the people fought. Not that I see things per se but it was like I was getting these intense feelings. I personally HATED it and try to ignore those things now IT FREAKED ME OUT.

Yes, I too have run off people I don't mean too but it happenes. I just try really hard to hold back but I'll be in class and I will look across the room and I KNOW what there problem is then I will go up and say you know I fought with my kids and still love them and the kid will be like HOW did you know and start blathering that they had a horrible fight etc.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Sad to say my special talent has proved to be somewhat of a curse all my life. I have the ability to look at just about anything mechanical, understand its operation and then fix it if something goes wrong. It made me very popular with the Dubs when things broke down around the hall or one of the pioneer's cars broke down. Now I only volunteer my special talents to my friends.

Thunder

P.S.

The whole book writing thing is a side effect of being electrocuted a few years back. I swear!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Talent? I haven't discovered any talent in me yet. Been to busy banging on people's doors, and following this blasted organization.

• TR
    TR

JH,

My oldest bro and I were the "wheelie kings" in our neighborhood. At first, we used to put tape on the street in 1 foot increments, up to about 200 feet. Soon though, we surpassed that, as I could wheelie from stop sign to stop sign.(3 blocks, however long that is)

Once in a while, I still get on my mountain bike and pull some wheelies.

Some people are amazed at my ability to pick locks, but that's just part of my job.

TR

Edited by - TR on 28 January 2003 11:0:14

• mouthy
    mouthy

I seem to have the talent of getting into trouble ----I talk to much----Does that count ??? Now all you that KNOW me dont answer that- remember we are now sporting LOVE!!!!

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I love to dance to old big band music and I *think* I can sing as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit