My first

by Solace 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Francois is right, those trackballs are nice.

• Solace
    Solace

JH,

Francoise,

Thanks! You always seem to be such a big help!

Reborn,

I'll have to give it a try.

Shara,tehe

• MissFrooFroo
    MissFrooFroo

I have the same computer as you Heaven and I must say I've had nothing but problems with mine! It's not even a month old and the keyboard already needs to be replaced due to a malfunction with the shift key which would cause everything to be typed in caps with none of the number or punctuation keys functioning! If it happens again it's going back all together and i'm getting an IBM. Due to my researching the problem it seems that most Dell laptop owners have problems with the keyboard so dont be surprised if you start to have problems within a few weeks if not sooner.

• Solace
    Solace

Miss.FrooFroo,

Thats awful! I will keep an eye on it, thanks for the warning!

The only problem I have had so far was that it seemed to keep going into hibernation mode. I eventually noticed that it wasnt plugged in and I had been using the battery that wasnt charged.

oopsie...

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Thunder and I have an older Compaq model that is what I use for school and he wrote his book on. Well it crashed the other night and they no longer sell the restore disk OH YEA so now he has to reload everything and go online to load the mouse driver etc.

We have a Dell in the bedroom and an ancient IBM I bought him on I think our thirteenth anniversary, it was top of the line LOL Now it looks like a dinasaur LOL

• Solace
    Solace

Shiela,

Ours did include a restore disk. Gheesh, I suppose nothing lasts forever, but what a pain. Have you tried putting an ad in the paper, in the items wanted section? Maybe somone else has one you could buy or use.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Heaven:

He does cruise e-bay so were crossing our fingers

• TR
    TR

I was thinking about getting a laptop for my college student. I've had great luck(did I say that!) with my Gateway. I've had it for three years now, and it's never broken down. It get's used constantly and without a problem.

Anyone else have a Gateway PC? Laptop?

TR

• Solace
    Solace

TR,

Come think of it, I have never heard anything bad about Gateway.

Hmm,, maybe we should have shopped around longer.............

• Mackin
    Mackin

I use a Toshiba Tecra 8000 at present. About to upgrade to a Tecra 9100. This is my 3rd Toshiba laptop and I love 'em. They don't have those hateful little touchpads but rather a little pointy thing that sticks up between the "G" and "H" and just above the "B"

The 9100 has a mobile Pentium 4 2.2GHz processor. Awesome!!!

Mackin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit