My first

by Solace 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Solace
    Solace

Yeeaahh...

This is my very first time posting a thread, using my new laptop!

Its a Dell 2650 and Im still getting used to it, but how neat to be able to take your computer with you anywhere, ya knoow?

If anyone has one, I'de love any tips and advice you have to offer.

• blondie
    blondie

I am looking to buy a laptop to use in my travels. Why did you choose this model, Heaven? What are the pluses and are there any minuses?

Blondie

• musky
    musky

Hope you have lots of fun with your new computer.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Yes I now have a brand new IBM ThinkPad X24 with a 1.133GHz Intel Pentium III Processor, 256MB of memory, 30GB harddrive, an IBM embedded Security System and Windows XP Professional installed. Remarkably it weighs only about 3.5 lbs and has a 5 hour battery life! Laptops have sure come a long way! At only $87/month, it was well worth the investment.

I would take a laptop over a desktop ANYDAY!

• starfish422
    starfish422

Dude! I have a Dell too; but it's a Dimension desktop; I love it! :)

• Solace
    Solace

Blondie,

Honestly, Im not sure why we chose this one.

It may have been the price, and I know Dell had free shipping.

Thanks Musky!

It has a touchpad and that takes some getting used to when you are used to using a mouse.

Cant wait till summer, when I'll be out on my deck and online!

• JH
    JH

The only Dell I have is a dellaphone.

• Solace
    Solace

Reborn,

Wow, this ones like 6 lbs. I love how quiet the keybord is.

We have a HP desktop but we have an 11 year old daughter and a 5 year old son so we figured it was time to get another computer in the house. In other words, I think they were getting tired of me not sharing.

Star,

I think I will love this too. Its hard to believe a computer can be so portable, ya know?

• shera
    shera
    In other words, I think they were getting tired of me not sharing

LOL @ Heaven

Edited by - shera on 26 January 2003 11:4:42

• Francois
    Francois

Heaven

I also use a laptop but I can't stand that touchpad. Also, I use my laptop in my recliner which makes using a mouse hard to do.

Here's a very effective alternative. Get yourself a Microsoft Trackball Explorer. It will plug into your laptop in one of two places just fine. It has four programmable buttons and a trackball (think of it as a regular mouse lying on its back), you turn the trackball instead of moving the mouse. I just set it on the arm of my rocker/recliner and manipulate the ball with a finger, and I've programmed the buttons for the maximum convenience. The shape of the device makes it fit right into the palm of your hand, even thought it's kinda funkyy lookin'. It's really great. And so now I don't have to fool around with that touch pad, which I hated to begin with.

Try it. You'll like it.

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit