Weekly Food Bill Survey

by patio34 31 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

After reading the thread on portion sizes, it'd be interesting to see what folks spend weekly on their groceries. One of my New Year's resolutions was to improve my finances and groceries are coming under scrutiny. I spend about 30 a week (NOW), but when I wasn't paying attention and stopping in all the time, I'll bet I was spending double that.

So, what do you spend? That sounds rude--but it's a survey of sorts.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I guess I pay about a $100 a week. I have so many dropping in for lunches-suppers I have to keep a stock on hand...

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For two people, about $500 a month. That includes going out to dinner. I grew up not really caring about food, but food in my wife's home was religion. She always insists on the best......*ashi weeps for his money*

ash

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I reckon my Mrs must spend 250 a week on supermarket/ food shopping. In American dollars thats 130 a week. Theres only 3 of us. A lot of prepackaged food is bought,a lot of stuff i think is rubbish, but she likes to spend and shop.The amount of food that gets thrown out is horrific. We live very wastefully.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Good question. I guess depending upon family size, children and where you live, makes a difference, and ones financial situation.

I spend, probably about $25 a week on groceries, and I do eat out 1 or 2 X per week.

Not all of us Canucks place beer/spirits on our grocery list, but occasionally I do. So it can be a bit more than the alotted $25 per week. Add $15-20 some weeks.

• Princess
    Princess

I probably spend about $150 a week, maybe more. I have two young kids so we have to have snack foods. The stuff marketed to kids is expensive but some of it is pretty healthy stuff so I buy it. I shop at a store that is higher than most because it's such a nice place to shop. They have excellent produce which is very important to us, and fresh meat and seafood counters that have awesome choices.

You have to eat so I don't scrimp on food. Good food is expensive.

Rachel

• Mulan
    Mulan

I try to keep it at $100 a week, but it is more like $130. I feed my parents every night...........they eat breakfast and lunch on their own, and I buy their food separately.

As Princess said, good food is expensive, and we don't scrimp on quality. (she'll get me on the ketchup I buy though)

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I spend aboout 150.00 every two weeks. That buys enough to feed my husband and I for two weeks.

• Shakita
    Shakita

We spend about $120.00 a week at the grocery store, then I will go to specialty stores to buy items for cheaper then I can get at the grocery store, and then there is the extra for pizza and McDonald's....so total comes to about $160.00/week. And, this is with coupon clipping, double coupons, and shopping for bargains. Money is like water!

Mrs. Shakita

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WOW, ya'll are eating LARGE! I'm at about $100 a week or less. Then add in milk bread and eggs. Still not much over $400 a month. I have 3 teenage kids too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit