Weekly Food Bill Survey

by patio34 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

When the boys are home we spend around 110 pounds a week on groceries, just the 2 of us brings it right down to about 80.

That also inludes cat food and washing powder, BTW.

Englishman.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Englishman made an interesting point. My food budget also includes non-food items as well as the times we eat out. It also includes gas for the car. I too am spending about $500 a month with all the go-withs.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Yeru, where you live makes a difference. You can probably shop at the base too. That makes a big difference I hear. We live in the Seattle area, and food is very high here.

Hawaii is worse. I'll bet we spent $250 a week there, for groceries. We ate out 3 times in 2 weeks.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

we are a family of 5, that is 3 boys with two being teens.

I write a budget of 600 a month, but it ends up being 650 plus, and thats not counting the money that goes for school lunches.

• footprints
    footprints

In 1997 I spent $3475 for a family of 3. I kept every reciept for food, including eating out, in a box for the entire year and at the end of the year I took them all out and added them up. That works out to about $100 per month per person. By preparing things from scratch and not using a lot of pre-prepared items, along with shopping sales, we ate pretty high on the hog as the saying goes.

• Debz
    Debz

Probably about $100 a week...but thats for only myself and my son......and I guess I could cut that down but I don`t get too much time to cook ....(thats my excuse)

Debz (from the I-hate-to-cook class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm single and use about $50 to $100 per week

• Princess
    Princess

Anything other than Heinz is NOT ketchup.

Just went to the store today. $146 was the total. I did buy some extra stuff I don't usually buy. Beer, nacho stuff for the Super Bowl.

• rocketman
    rocketman

We spend on average $80-100/week. Gee, if only we didn't have to eat.

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks all! It's a pretty big expense. I've been trying to shop the specials, but it's mostly just me & that makes it cheaper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit