Apostasy and Pedophile Scandal are Spreading

by cookiemaster 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster
    So here's an interesting thing that happened lately. If you guys have followed my previous posts, you probably know my mother almost died from severe anemia, decided to take blood transfusions to avoid death and the elders announced the congregation she disassociated.

Well. last week a "brother" came to visit from a congo about 100 kilometers away. He's known my parents for a long time and visits us every few months to stay in touch. His wife (also a JW) suffers from depression and hasn't gone to any meeting in 6 years. He still goes though. Anyway, he comes into our house. My father was gone to do some work, so only me and my mother were home. The brother starts doing small talk, but my mother doesn't really answer. I entertain him for a while by engaging in conversation. He goes for a minute outside.

During that time I tell my mother to talk to him and act normally because he might not know she's DA'd. When he comes back he starts talking about how some things don't seem to be right with the organization. That when somebody disagrees with something is automatically labeled an apostate and treated like the plague. He says he thinks this is a form of emotional abuse. I say that I agree. Then he tells us that the brothers aren't perfect, that some doctrines still need improvement. He expressed somewhat jokingly his long-time passion for martial arts and how he doesn't understand why JWs can't learn more about self defense.

At this point I get an important call and leave my mother and him alone. I could only return after he left. She later told me that after I left, she told him her current status. He said he's aware, but doesn't care and wanted to know how we are doing. He also told her about the Australian pedophile scandal, some other doubts about the organization and that he's very discouraged and the elders have been very rude about addressing his doubts.

The brother also asked my mother what she thinks he should do in a similar situation when a blood transfusion is required. So clearly, this guy has some serious doubts. From the way he talked to me it seems he might even be an "apostate" like us. Either way, apparently the spirit of doubt is spreading and more and more JWs are hearing about the pedophile scandals. Their numbers are dropping in his corner of Europe compared to 10 years ago. I think these small indicators show that the future spells trouble for the borg.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    In countries like the USA and a few others where family relationships are more uptight they can keep things quite.. In others parts of the world where family units are very tight like Latin America parts of Europe and Africa people are going to talk to one another. Families are less likely to shrun I believe and information is going to get around.. This is just my opinion but if I'm right that spells bad times for the borg.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

cookiemaster: "...some doctrines still need improvement."

A doctrine need 'improvement'?! Doctrines from the scriptures are supposed to be eternal truths not the word of any man/men subject to improvement.

• cognac
    cognac

I wonder how many people are going to leave because of the Australian thing...

Nice to see people questioning!

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    That's very encouraging. I hope more of my loved ones start coming around like this.
  • Magnum
    Magnum
    Thanks, cookiemaster. I like anecdotes like this; they help me keep my finger on the pulse of the org, which still has my family captive.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain

@ - Crazyguy - You are slightly correct, concerning the family dynamic, its true that in the USA we are a bit more uptight, but not to an extreme point. MANY,MANY, families are NOT liking, and or following, the way the Borg is "forcing" them to choose between their children or parents, or siblings. Plus, in USA the internet usage is TREMENDOUS, and that almost makes up for it, at least in terms of people starting to "wake up" more and more. Point being, it definetelly is happening, and on MANY fronts, not only in Europe, Australia, and many other areas, but, dare i say it, even MORE SO in America. I see it, firsthand. many in the R&F are questioning, hurting, waking up, and searching.

There is a great awakening happening, right before our eyes. The squeezing of the Borgs evil hands is crushing the life out of many of its members, and the tighter they squeeze, the more slip out. The Borgs own website, is also slowly becoming their undoing. People are seeing the "mystified" GB, firsthand, not as some "far off" chosen elite, but the stupid, out of touch, petty, MEN, that they REALLY are.

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Dunedain, I hope so. I want to see the process move along faster; I'm impatient. It's interesting and exciting to watch.
  • Dunedain
    Dunedain
    @ - Magnum - Me too, it takes time, but its happening at the most rapid pace ever. It is a domino effect, many, many, "seeds" were planted over 20 years ago, and now its spreading and growing, at an incredible rate. Many have been hurt, by this org, some have quietly bided their time, while others have been pre-emptive. Either way, the "fruits" are in bloom NOW.
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

cookiemaster: when somebody disagrees with something is automatically labeled an apostate and treated like the plague. He says he thinks this is a form of emotional abuse.

It IS emotional abuse. This is Control-Freakery 101

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit