How HOT is it!!!

by Debz 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Debz
    Debz

Still HOT in OZZZZZZ

Its been a long time since I remember it being this hot for this long....(I hate the heat)..its so hot that it makes it hard to do anything ....42c supposed to be today and 37c tomorrow and bushfires in Melbourne..

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

It's so hot my air con needs an air con, can hardly keep up with this heat

it reached 44.1 this afternoon Debz ouch

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Got to 45.7 at our house in South Australia today and thats centigrade for everyone in the U.S

• Debz
    Debz

yep Giz I can relate....
    Went out in my car today and the a/c just could`nt do its job!!!!

45.7 celcius thats ridiculous!!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

WOW! Is that hot or what?

Get out the bacon n' eggs!

Way up here in Canada, it has been the opposite: unseasonably cold. It has been in the - 20C and - 30C range for a little while. Plenty of snow, and believe it or not, some areas along the Great Lakes, are frozen over, which just doesn't happen very often.

If you play hockey, a 'Great Lake' is wonderful for hosting upwards to a few hundred thousand games. Just hope there's no shift in the ice, or the opposing team is drifting towards the American side.

I'm hoping that the fires reported on the news media are subsiding or have stopped altogether, heaven knows you folks down there have endured enough nightmares when it comes to fires. I want my Aussie mates to be always, safe n' sound.

Not so cold tonight: - 9C clear and still chilly.

Brass Monkeys are not to be licked on days like these.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Hmmmmm, stop rubbing it in RB. I prefer the cold, I can always keep warm enough but heat is just depressing.

Some fires came closer to me today, only 20 mins away. Still smell the burnt wood and Grass and such, I heard we're supposed to get some cool change tonight? Maybe even a few drops of rain. won't hold my breath though.

You guys up there had trouble getting in here for a few hours too?

• Debz
    Debz

Closest I got Giz was sparing some water for my dead roses.....

Some fires came closer to me today, only 20 mins away.

and some down my way too Giz...half hour or so....

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi Gizmo. Sure hope that rain comes, mighty soon in your region.

Last summer up here in Canada, vast areas of northern Quebec were burning, and on one particular day, I remember the sky was sort hazy and slightly orange-brown in colour. You could smell the odour of burning wood (like a fireplace). The fires were 1000-1500 kms. north of us. So, image 20 miles/minutes from you there. Can't imagine!

Yeah, it was a bit tricky to get on here earlier, but our webhost Simon was busy doing some on-line maintenance.

Nice to know this site is well taken care of.

Stay safe Gizmo. I'll send the icebergs down before they thaw out in May - should be enough ice for all our Aussie mates drinks.

• frogit
    frogit

Its cool here. (England)

Sorry to here you down under are having a bad time with the heat and bushfires, thoughts with you (((Oz People))) how do you manage?

Up hear in it is rather mild and spring like, I went for a walk yesterday and enjoyed it very much. We have the bulbs coming up (Daffodils), and the Snow Drops are out already, very pretty. We have had plenty of rain, makes you wonder were it all comes from and goes?

frogit

Edited by - frogit on 25 January 2003 6:41:24

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

This freezing canuck, has warmed up on this thread. Man that's hot !

Now I offer my Aussie brethern a chance to cool off

G'day

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45154&site=3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit