Reassigned, ...to complete erasure from memory and near poverty.

by Lostandfound 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I ran into some bethel "bad batch" rejects a couple in their fifties and the wife was desperately trying to cling to whatever dignity and social cred she thought she still had but the hubbie definitely would have talked more candidly if she didn't keep changing the subject to a more postive tone.

I asked him what was going to happen to the branch, if they would sell of some properties and he said

" Of course they will they're not sentimental about it."

Me : "Well they 're not sentimental about people why would they be sentimental about buildings."

At about that point the missus quickly changed the subject to how wonderfully they were supported by the congregation. He would have talked more if she let us.

• burnedout
    burnedout

Sparrowdown, it would be interesting to get him talking!

• steve2
    steve2

What a load of melodramatic hand-wringing, expressing sympathy for Bethelites recently laid off. Save your salty tears for a worthwhile issue - not on individuals who were part of the ‘each-person-for-themselves’mentality that breeds like fleas in the theocratic sandpit called Bethel.

The only difference between recent Bethel layoffs and those in the past is the sheer larger scale of the recent layoffs. That’s it. There is nothing new in layoffs. It has happened across the decades.

In other words, those “poor” souls who were recently laid off from Bethel have themselves looked on whilst fellow Bethelites were summarily laid off in the past.

None of this should come as a surprise. Each and every Bethelite recently laid off will have known others before them who were laid off.

i have zero sympathy for Bethelites in general who cannot say they are hard done by. They willingly signed up to Bethel and milked the “spiritual” adoration and attention, parading themselves as super spiritual at conventions and other venues of exclusive JW parading, while their fellow rank and filers toiled without credit in the home turf.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I agree steve, that's what happens when you volunteer to go to bethel, you are on borrrowed time and one day you will be asked to leave. Whether you are a bethelite, or a mob member the same principle applies; whatever goes around within that group eventually comes around.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

And there are some elderly folks still at Bethel that are cared for at Warrick by my uber cousin and I wonder how that works and how they get to stay in the compound. These people are really old too but I guess they get to stay in and get cared for. Wonder how that is determined?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Once the current oldies die off I'd say the era of staying on at bethel until you pop your clogs is officially over.

It costs them too much to care for the elderly for a start.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The only retirement plan the Watchtower has for those who have taken a vow of obedience and poverty is reassignment to the field work. Click on scan and read a revised vow 2002 to free the Watchtower corporation from any financial liability toward those devoted to corporation service. What a bunch evil cheap manipulative bastards who have no soul drunk on corporation Jehovah juice.

a scan

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

There were some higher ups (Bethelites, CO, DO, SP, missionaries) that believed it all. Yes, some were in for so called glory. But the true, deluded, naive brother or sister that slaved for what they thought was a worth while goal... When they get kicked out and or wake up, those are the ones I feel bad about.

Are they lurking here? Are they PIMO now? Do they see that the GB pimped them out, then when they got too old and became a liability because of age or illness, GB discarded them like pimps who can't make money off of the backs of their workers anymore.

To wake up in old age and to realize you have been scammed badly, is very hard to take.

Ask me.

• belogical
    belogical

Australia Bethel is in a major downsizing exercise almost all staff being set up as Pioneers and doing Bethel work when called on.

No doubt prepping for a sale of the Bethel. No Bethel No money to payout for abuse cases

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And there are some elderly folks still at Bethel that are cared for at Warrick by my uber cousin and I wonder how that works and how they get to stay in the compound. These people are really old too but I guess they get to stay in and get cared for. Wonder how that is determined?

Maybe they have a property or an inheritance that the Borg hope to get their hands on

Just saying .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit