The elderly sisters are at it again.

by John Aquila 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    millie210 3 minutes ago
    Nope....I am a woman. But I have been or am the daughter/sister/wife/mother of them.

That's a lot of elders in your life. How do you survive?
  • steve2
    steve2

John, a really good OP which shows how much you value human relationships and have an eye for noticing how older Witnesses are faring.

Your observations will strike a chord with so many! I know that if my now deceased JW grandparents and parents read your OP they would nod their head in agreement.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    steve2 a minute ago

John, a really good OP which shows how much you value human relationships and have an eye for noticing how older Witnesses are faring.

Thanks Steve2, I do have a special compassion for the elderly. Especially JW eldelry! They have sacrificed so much for the organization and in the end they get nothing. It bothers me a lot. If I had the power, I would restore them to their youth in an instant. But alas, I got nothing to give them, but my time when they allow me.

• millie210
    millie210

Ha ha....

I keep my sense of humor - thats how!

No, seriously speaking, I am just considered very weak and very hurt from an event they all know was wrong that happened in our area.

People are extending me a long line of credit due to that. I think the hope is that I will heal but in the meantime I learned the real truth so there will be no healing in the direction of going back.

There HAS been healing in realizing this is a two bit organization full of hocus pocus and in getting over my shock and taking a deep breath and seeing who I can rescue while simultaneously using their own policies against them!

Those of you who have had to serve as elders have my deepest admiration and sympathy. It is a hell on earth job if you are trying to be a good one.

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    That was the best thing I have read today! Thank you so much for sharing, I had the best laugh. I freaking LOVE those elderly sisters. The CO should be bring THEM lunches!
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    You are right about not keeping your words whenever possible. There are a few things that can be pointed out without sounding too apostate. The CO arrangement is one of them. One thing I always mention when someone speaks of how Paul had to work for a leaving is "Sure he did, but somehow the COs are not able to cut their own grass" or "Somehow the brothers that record the songs have to pay their own tickets to NY twice a year but the CO can't clean his own apartment"
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila
    millie210

There HAS been healing in realizing this is a two bit organization full of hocus pocus and in getting over my shock and taking a deep breath and seeing who I can rescue while simultaneously using their own policies against them!

Me to. I like the fact that I can still mingle with some of the elders and plant a small virus on their head that no doubt keeps them awake at night. I don't actually try to wake them up but I do try to put a kink in their armor. Their armor is so flimsy, like toilet tissue, that it's not that hard. Plus I've learned that I may say something today, and 2 years from now---BAM---they're waking up.

• John Aquila
    John Aquila
    StarTrekAngel
    There are a few things that can be pointed out without sounding too apostate.

I've actually practiced on putting on a dumb facial expression and use the words,

"You know, something I've never understood"

"You know I've always wonder about this"

"Haven't you ever thought about this"

"You know someone told me this and it made me think"

Image result for dumb face pic It always seems to work!

• millie210
    millie210

Yes I see that about you. I see the fine results you get with a light touch and being able to walk amongst the English so to speak!

Thats an old Amish phrase btw in case you are wondering what the heck?

• steve2
    steve2

I've actually practiced on putting on a dumb facial expression and use the words,

"You know, something I've never understood"

"You know I've always wonder about this"

"Haven't you ever thought about this"

"You know someone told me this and it made me think"

Yes, an excellent way to ask questions without coming across as setting off their apostate radar.

I also like the line that begins, "I personally have no problem with [specify a teaching] but a householder asked me about it and I'm not sure I answered it properly". Then tell the elder what you told the householder and seek the elder's feedback on how well or otherwise you did.

Make it clear you want to humbly learn how to do it better and more appropriately next time.

Your post also reminds me of Denzel Washington's line in Philadelphia:

"Explain it to me like I'm a 6-year-old".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit