Four door cars

by Ed 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mackin
    Mackin

If you drove a 2 door car you obviously didn't have the "Pioneer Spirit."

I used to drive an Austin Princess...everybody loved me.

Mackin.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The woman that was my unofficial pioneer partner for a year, had a tiny two door car. She lives on a trust fund, and has plenty of money. Obviously, she never had to drive. Now she is pioneering again, and has a big SUV, bought one for her daughter, when she went to college three years ago, and another fun car for her new husband, when they got married. Money wasn't the issue.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

4 door cars are in the unwritten rule section.They are the dubmobiles for WBTS super zero`s who have to peddle magazines,so their evil sock puppet god won`t kill them..Placed magazines =money..WBTS sock puppet god needs the cash$$$..LOL!...OUTLAW

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

it is sort of an unwritten rule--i took alot of flack from some elders when i bought my mustang right after high school. my dad took my side though, reasoning that my having that two door car was no different than him driving a pickup truck. lots of brothers with those around this area. finally i told the two elders who kept hassling me, that when they made my car and insurance payments they could decide what kind of car i drove. didn't hear much out of them after that.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Being English I owned several two door cars including an original Mini (and saying two doors on a Mini is being very generous). No one ever commented on my choice of car. I knew an elder who used to use his Lotus and later his Porche for FS and we used to complain that it didn't look very good parking that type of car in some council estate (public housing). However, field service, even in rural territory is done differently in the UK compared to the US. (OK my experience of FS in the USA is very limited because I quickly went inactive after my move). Quite frequently in my UK experience (30 years or so), we walked from the home where we met for FS to the territory. FS meant walking door to door often, literally, steping from one door step to the next and not returning to the car until we had finished for the morning. On one occasion while working a terrace (town homes), because I didn't wait long enough, I had two householders come to two doors at the same time and had to speak to both.

I thought FS in the UK was inefficient, with long periods spent chatting whist stood at doors where people were obviously not home, and extremely slow walking (the pioneer plod) between homes. In middle class suburban America the density of housing is considerably less than the UK and FS, done in groups from cars, is even less efficient especially when working not at homes. It takes 6 people to make a call, 2 to knock the door and 4 to sit in the car.

Thus, you can see why four-door cars are an advantage. However, 4 doors on a Mini still doesn't help get six people inside.

Thirdson

PS A month ago I spotted an original Austin Mini (with for sale notice) in the parking lot of my local Home Depot. I spoke to owner, he wanted $4000 for a 20 year old car. I told him I once bought a 12 year old mini for $800, drove it for 2 years, put 40,000 miles on the clock and sold it for $600. It was the least expensive motoring I ever experienced.

Edited by - thirdson on 24 January 2003 0:9:31

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Only the apostates drive 2-door cars.

• ITguy
    ITguy

whoops then. I have a two door car.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The issue simply involves where you live. In the country, it is definitely an unwritten rule to go with a 4 door since it makes getting in and out more easy. You would typically go in a 4 door car since it obviously is easier to get in and out of in rural territory.

I've been in several congregations in urban areas where we either used public transportation or more commonly drove to the territory and then walked the entire time. In those cases, there was never an issue about the kind of car or number of doors.

Personally, I hated getting in and out of the back seat of a two door car all morning.

*****Rub a Dub

• freeman
    freeman

Yep you have to go with four doors, God says so.

I was once counseled, to not to even think about showing up for service on my motorcycle, and I was only kidding around at the time. I should have anyway just to piss the jerk off.

Here is how it works:

4 door car= spiritually strong

2 door car= spiritually weak

motorcycle= spawn of Satan.

Freeman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit