Four door cars

by Ed 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ed
    Ed

I'm learning all sorts of fascinating things here. Recently I've noticed a lot of people making reference to four-door cars as being the only ones approved by JWs. Is this for real? I grew up as a Witness, and I have to say I've never heard this before. I was always aware of the little unwritten rules about what was sinful and what wasn't - facial hair, phrases to avoid, dress code, etc. But ... cars??? When the heck did cars become an issue? Is there any particular reason given? (beyond "So we can get you for not being submissive if you ask why"). A scripture to back it up, perhaps?

Ed

(from Australia, where the Kingdom Halls have windows)

• Gopher
    Gopher

If you love your fellow JW, obviously you will drive them in service. And you won't make them "climb" through a 2-door car into the back seat.

Yeah it matters that much! People will "talk about you" if you don't have a theocratic model "sedan".

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

The reason for the 4 door cars is that 4 door cars are good for field service. I was counciled for thinking about buynig a 2 door car because it wouldnt be a good service car. It may be a bigger issue here in the states than it is in Australia.

• IronGland
    IronGland

It's another one of those rules that aren't actually rules, but if you're a good JW you'll follow it anyway.

• zev
    zev

4 door (2 on each side) cars are = j.w.cars

2 door cars (one on each side) = catholic cars

thats what i heard throughout the years of my 2 door car ownership.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Yep, little known fact a four door car was a must. My parents always bought four door cars for that fact. I remember them looking at sporty ones, I'm sure wishing they could have one, but they always ended up with a four door car. Man how I wished they got a two door car, there was one time in my young years that they got stuck picking us this family and bring them to meetings. They were vegetarians. Reeked of garlic and carrot juice. the ride was god awful stifling. Yep sure is nice to have a four door car.

When I grew up my first vehicle was a truck. My second was a transam. Oops Sorry no room

• minimus
    minimus

4door cars are JWmobiles. Station wagons and buses are theocratically approved vehicles.

• Ed
    Ed

Field service. Of course. <slaps forehead> I've really, honestly, never heard of this before. Amazing.

Having a rule like that would almost make you want to turn up for service with a Harley Davidson motorcycle and side-car.

• TR
    TR

Yep. Four door cars are the rule. If you bought a 2 door, it was considered un-Christian and un-theocratic. Two door cars mean you are worldly, desiring the "sporty" type of cars. I remember being a new hovah when a bro bought a brand new Z-28 Camaro. it was way cool, but way un-theocratic.

So what did I do when I became un-'hovah-ized? I bought a 280ZX!

TR

Edited by - TR on 23 January 2003 21:27:41

• Seven
    Seven

Our witnesswagon or dronemobile when I was at home was a Ford Country Squire. Not cool. That hearse could fly though. Fast forward- no more driving Miss Daisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit