ELDERS SCARE TACTICS DISS FELLOWSHIPING

by nightwarrior 13 Replies latest jw friends

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

I BELEIVE,that the local elders are acting under there own reasonings,when they are visiting inactive members of (the borg ) over the christmas period & beyond,as well as rooting out long lost members and then actualy disassociating /dissfellowshipipng them ,

Being reasanable to assume that,they are promoting fear within the congregations,keeping others from asking awkward questions,it seems that no one is interested in the reasons why that other person was named and shamed,what a way to control people , one minute they are your best friends the next minute you bump into them say in the high street and you dont seem to exist within there boundarys or vision ,

MY REMEDY .if you are in this position is to greet them very loudly laughingly saying hallo there ,big wave big smile,be carfull of those paedophiles your mixing with.( NICE & LOUD ) Next time they see you they will run to the otherside of the road,instead of trying to intimidate yoU

KEEPING THE OTHER SHEEP IN LINE (SCARING THE CRAP OUT OF THEM )

How have you been affected ,if at all.

• Francois
    Francois

I've not been effected at all as yet and to tell you the truth, I'm disappointed. I've never been afraid of the bastards, being raised (partially) in the home of an elder I'm related to. Bring 'em on. I'd love to discuss them and their damned little detestable cult with them. Deut 18:20 to them and all their offspring to the tenth generation. Let them come over to discuss their spiritual superiority.

ft

• chester
    chester

Nightwarrior,

I know what you are saying.....I have never been DF or DA but they treat me the same way. I have not been to a meeting in a couple of years.

Even my wife who still attends some meetings gets shunned when she is with me. We saw some elders at the auto show last year and they tried to pretend that they did not see us. We passed within a few feet of them. I pretended not to see them and did not say anything to my wife about it at the time. When we got home she told me that she saw them. A sister called her the next day and said that her husband saw us at the auto show and my wife said, "well, they did not speak". The sister said "you were too far away".

What a bunch of BULL!!!!

I am waiting for them to show up at my door too. I have something for them.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I've not been affected either and I'm not afraid of them. My wife made a snide comment to me about how I treated them when they came to the door the last time to which I reminded her that until they start paying bills around here that they don't get to call any shots spritual or otherwise.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

reminded her that until they start paying bills around here that they don't get to call any shots spritual or otherwise.

out4good3,

You are 100% correct. When they come to my house, I will set the agenda. I want to discuss child abuse, shunning, phedophila (sp?), 1975, the nazi influence in the thirties, the oral sex fiasco, flip flops in doctrine and I'm sure there are more that I haven't thought of yet. If they don't appreciate my agenda I'll ask them to be carefull the door doesn't hit them in the butt on the way out.

• wednesday
    wednesday

They don't care if we ask them questions, bring it on, they won't answer them. It just proves , in their eyes, that we are apostates. And then that is all they need to know. they are taught not to try and reason with apostates, read any of their literature, etc. They have no need to prove anything to u, they know they have Jah's backing, and they don't have to give u an answer. they just have to identify u as an apostate and and mark u off the books. Actually u, are making it easy for them to get rid of u. they hate us b/c we dare to question the org. That is all they need to know. They won't go to a kown/suspected apostaes home, unless they just want to just have evidence to DF them. The only exception may be if u were a very popular elder, or other high ranking person, family. they then might try and save u. this is the org ive known all my life. They haven't changed . I don't expect a visit b/c an elder "spoke" to me when a family member died last year. He asked me to consider coming back. I said something to the affect,when u guys apologize for destroying my life. His response was i must also forgive. And so on.......

• cookie
    cookie

This just happened to us:

My son (an MS) meets his childhood "best friend"(an elder) at a gathering. "Beast" friend says to son,"So how are you?"

"I'm fine; how's everything with you"?

"Great" says the elder. "And how have your parents been"?

"Oh, they are fine. A few health problems along the way, but nothing too serious."

Elder says sympathetically,"Oh really?sorry to hear about their problems. Do you get to see them often?"

My son replies:

"About once a month. Not as often as I might like, but we are all busy,you know."

Elder says(in his mind) "GOTCHA!"!!!

Says out loud, "Ohhhhh,Michael(not real name), We have to talk about this."

Michael asks,"What do you mean?"

Didn't you read the August Kingdom ministry?"

Yes.

"And didn't you read about that brother and sister who called their mother right after an assembly to cut them off?"

"Yes, so?"

"Well, Michael, she came back into the truth because of their stance"

Michael is now very irritated with the bait and switch that just took place and the toes that are being stepped on at the moment.

"Are you CRAZY?!!, he says. Do you think my parents would come back because I cut them off? That is the most INSANE reason for anyone to want to come back. I am not about to cut my parents off!"!!!!

"Michael, we are going to have to talk more about this later, why don't you call me."

Michael,blew it all off. (but best friend calls elders at Michael's hall to REPORT the SIN.)

Michael goes to a meeting and gets called in the backroom. OH OH! What could possibly be wrong?

"It has come to our attention that you have been seeing your parents",Brother Himler says.

Yeah so? Michael responds.

"Well, as a servant you need to set the example for the congregation"

"Are you kidding? You want me to stop seeing my parents? Are you crazy? I am not going to stop seeing my parents! They are my parents,for God's sake!.

"Well, this is a bigger problem than we thought; we will have to get a commitee together to determine what should be done."

"Done? What is to be done?"

Well, we cannot have someone in a position of responsibility going against the direction of the faithful and discreet slave. You must realize that a ministerial servant has to be beyond reproach or the rest of the friends might follow his lead."

"Hey! You do whatever you need to do. I AM NOT GOING TO STOP SEEING MY PARENTS!"

"Michael, I am afraid that you are displaying a spirit of hostility. I wasn't aware that was one of your personality traits."

"Listen, you just told me, (basically)that I have to give up my parents in order to keep my position in this congregation,, and you can't understand why I am a little upset?"

"Michael,we will give you time to think about this. In the meantime,we will schedule a formal meeting."

Michael leaves the KH., (goes home)talks with his wife, who agrees that if it means he loses his "Position" so be it, they were on the same page with this one.

A meeting is scheduled, it is not over yet,(new gun- ho CO coming next month)

In the meantime, Michael calls that old x-best friend and leaves this question on his answering machine,"WHY did you do that? What possible motive did you have in in feigning concern for my parents and calling my elders behind my back? Are you that desperate to get me in trouble? Do you want me removed, is that it?

Why? I just want to know why?"

X-best friend never called him back(the coward).

So he visits us, a week after this pow wow, and I mentioned the AUG KM. He says, "you know about that"?

I say, "Of course I do. I still have one of you in the religion. I am going to do my best to learn what the "current" mindset is within the org.

"I have lived with this Sword of Damocles since August, wondering when my call would come."

'It won't,Mom. I am not about to give up my parents, even if they do remove me."

I said, "Michael, that may not be all."

"What do you mean?"

"They might DF you for this."

"No, "They wouldn't do that."

"Michael, I believe the AUGUST Kingdom ministry says that you are FORBIDDEN from shopping,going on a picnic,having a meal in a restaurant,watching movies, etc."

"No, it doesn't"

Yes,it does."

"It says it in one of the questions at the bottom of the page."

"THE KM doesn't have questions."

I know that, but the August KM does! And it says FORBIDDEN.I believe it asks the question,' WHAT ACTIVITIES ARE forbidden......" And the paragragh makes it clear that you cannot go to a restaurant with us, vacation, or even visit anymore. THE Society never went so far in specifying such things but they have now.

"I think you are wrong ,Mom. I have the KM in the car; let me get it."

He looks at the bottom of the page, "You are right, there are questions, I didn't even notice that before. He reads the question. FORBIDDEN jumps out at him. He proceeds to read just what is FORBIDDEN, and his face is frozen in place. He didn't smile once after that.

He just shook his head and said,"I don't believe that."

"We are to be treated as the tax collectors, Michael."

He responds by saying that ,'Jeus ate with tax collectors.'

"Well, that was okay for Jesus, but you will not be allowed to emulate his spirit on this one."

"THEY don't have a scriptural right to do this to us!"

"I know, Honey. But they have the legal right. And they are planning on enforcing this, so be prepared."

My son lost sleep over this when his position as an MS was at stake, but he didn't realize that he might face far worse consequences than that.

The sword continues to hang over my neck ,because he is going to be forced to choose between Jehovah and me.

This whole thing sickens me, and reminds me of something I read about some of the Hitler youth. These young boys were each given a puppy, to live with ,to train,and to bond with. (Anyone who has had puppies can understand the special love that can develop in a year's time)

At that point ,the boys' loyalty was to be tested. They were each told to shoot and kill their dogs.If they couldn't,they proved their disloyalty to the "cause" ;if they could, it was clear that they could be trusted.

Discern the fruit discover the tree. Same spirit! UGGH!!!!

Cookie

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Oh Cookie,

What a horrible scenario! I never under stood what was meant by "holding your family hostage." Now I do. Deceit and blackmail and lies. They seem to thrive on it.

Free

That story about the Hitler youth and the Puppies really freaked me out.

• out4good3
    out4good3

Wow Cookie

I'd read that AUG KM when my wife brought it home, but I think the significance of what it actually said went right over her head. Just like your son "didn't even notice" what it actually said, she didn't either. But she still doesn't understand the significance of the change in the generation doctrine either. When I tried explaining that to her the defensive wall came up and she jumped to full "we b persecuted" mode. It's amazing how they just seem to "follow the leader" without even trying to comprehend what the leader is doing.

Maybe this is the catalyst needed for him to really see how much of a control oriented organization the soceity is. Hopefully, how they deal with him will open his eyes to what the org is really about.

I hope you plan on sharing the conclusion of this personal saga. It was a riveting read.

• nelly1
    nelly1

awww man that is so sad, what about when jesus said honour your mother and your father? he didnt say only if they are not dissfellowshipped or not in favour with men did he???????????

this is mans idea not that of a loving creator grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit