Fashion at the Kingdom Hall

by YellowLab 14 Replies latest jw friends

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

What are some of the fashion trends you've seen or worn at the hall? Any interesting stories to share?

Some I remember off the top of my head are tie bars, tie clips, polyester suits, wide ties... we used to have brothers who would "compete" with designer cologne like Polo, etc.

The Memorial was always a fashion show.

YellowLab

• Jacqueline
    Jacqueline

I found that the conventions were the biggest fashion shows.

• rebel
    rebel

There was a time when you had to have a certain type of ministry bag - not exactly fashion. The bag had to be black, a large strap that could go over the head and cross the chest, loads of pockets and zip-up sections. It's hard to describe like this but everyone had one - except me. You could recognise a JW in our town by this bag.

xxR

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Interesting question.

I would have never thought of a way on my own to have the words "fashion" and "kingdom hall" in the same sentence.

Very clever.

*****Rub a Dub

• JH
    JH

I like this fashion at the KH

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate

Man I wish the girls in my Kingdumb hall would have dressed like that.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hey that looks like my Fiancee!

actually she is hotter.

but it does remind me, the other week when I went to teh Meeting a sister had a Jean jacket on with fringes even. Since when did this become acceptable attire?

well I never care about so called fashion and it peeves me when the brothers are so wrapped up in it.

By the way in the new Ministry school Guidebook the point on Appearance is interesting. Beards continue to be a no-no but properly trimmed mustaches are ok if the local culture accepts these.

-Eduardo

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

when I said "she is hotter" above, I meant that MY FIANCEE is hotter not the girl in the photo :-)

-E

• LB
    LB
    Hey that looks like my Fiancee!

actually she is hotter.

Yeah right, dreamer

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

LB, you can't seriously be saying that a guy should say that another woman is better llooking than his intended, can you??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit