Lost My Job Part 3

by Yizuman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Yizuman, it just occurred to me to tell you what my sister did in the same situation. She lost her job and was unemployed for six months. To top it off, she has hip dysplasia, and it was getting so bad she was almost unable to walk. She made the mistake of applying for unemployment and disability at the same time, and the EDD found out and said applying for disability had disqualified her for unemployment. (This was in California. Don't know if it applies elsewhere.)

And six months without a job. She was living on ramen and potatoes, mostly. She still had internet access -- stalled her ISP for a few weeks -- and was bitching online at her friends every night. She got nothing but new-agey platitudes and advice that she'd already tried to no avail -- until one of her friends said, "You can move in with me."

Her friend lived across the country.

So my sis borrowed the money, packed her bags and lit out, on the bus, for upstate New York. Settled into her friend's house, breathed a sigh of relief, and wrestled with the government until she got on social security. Then she was able to get her hip fixed. She's just about able to walk again, and as soon as she's completely mobile, she's going to move out and start looking for a job.

She told me, right after she moved, that she wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others. Don't be afraid to leave everything behind, she says. Sometimes it's the only way.

Good luck.

Gently Feral

• ugg
    ugg

yizuman,,,,,,,,kmarts are always looking for people with retail experience....just a thought...i know it would not pay much....i wish i could offer more....((((((((((((((((((((((( yizuman ))))))))))))))))))

• rebel
    rebel

Yizuman,

If I was better off financially, I would help you out big time.

I am so sorry you are having so many problems. My email is available - if I can help you, I will. I probably can't help much, but every little helps. Just stay strong and don't give up.

xxR

• Mary
    Mary

"....I live out in the country, Noblesville does not have a bus system like Indianapolis does. Except for school buses......"

Ok, here's a couple of suggestions: 1) contact the school bus line and ask them if it would be possible for you to get a ride into the city on one of the school buses. Explain that you are deaf and you have absolutely no other way to get into the city.

Another suggestion is for you to contact your local Welfare Office and tell them that you have absolutely no way of getting into the city and ask if they can either a) pay for you to get into the city, or b) see if they can come out to see you.

I've seen people like you before in desperate situations, and they've contacted newspapers and a story is done about their plight. Generally speaking, people are pretty good at donating food and $$$ to people who fall through the cracks in their local community.......just a thought.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Yizman:

Please contact legal aid not an attorney faster response also Francois(sp) is right it takes forever for an eviction IF YOU DO NOT abandon your residence. Especially in your circustance the court will be willing to listen do go to the Salvation army they helped THunder and I when he was in his wreck THE only ones that did OK

HUGSSS to you

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

The Sherriff department just left a envelope on my door containing a lawsuit by my landlord.

The court date is Feb 12th. He just added this month as well as 2 1/2 months of rent that I owe totaling $810.00, plus next month's rent will be added by the time I go to court. Plus $42.00 court cost.

I'm still waiting for Wal-Mart to mail me my WD2 form so I can figure my taxes and see how much I can come up to pay what I owe.

This is disheartening and I'm sick in my stomach.

What should I do now to request a jury trial?

Thanks

Yizuman

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Yizuman,

Have you contacted the Salvation Army yet? If not:

Ask a neighbor to make the voice call for you if you don't have any other way to contact them. Ask the neighbor to tell them that you are deaf and have no way to contact them yourself. Ask if they can send someone out to your house to speak with you in person. Have your neighbor briefly tell them that you are in need of food and are being evicted from your home because you lost your job and are very desparate to speak with someone in person. You may also want to have the neighbor give them your email address.

Or maybe your sister could make the call for you.

NewLight2

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Yizuman,

I contacted the Salvation Army in my local area and obtained this information about the Salvation Army in your local area.

You may contact:

Howard Green at (317) 937-7000

Email address: [email protected]

He should be able to direct some help your way.

Keep me posted.

NewLight2

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I sent an email to Howard to let him know of my situation and hope they can assist me somehow.

Thank you so much.

I had alot of trouble finding an email addy for them. Glad you found the information for me.

Google is such a mess trying to get one particular information.

Yizuman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit