Lost My Job Part 3

by Yizuman 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, there's another update...

If you missed my previous 2 posts, here's some to catch up...Part One and Part Two.

I emailed the Township Trustee and I told her of my situation and that he found out from my dad that I lost my job at Wal-Mart and I have been trying to buy time to find another job with no avail.

She called the landlord Larry Weeks and he's refusing to work with her and he's filing for my eviction.

My sis called Noble Manors Apartment who takes people's application and bases their income for the rent. The waiting list she said is 6 months to a year. Great.

I emailed my old Church that I used to go to and the guy I wanted to talk to hasn't replied yet. I will try again.

The gentleman that I was working with at the Catholic Church to try and get some community service in on behalf of the Township Trustee's office is in the hospital, the staff does not know what's wrong with him and I won't be able to hear from him until maybe by the end of this week. I need to be able to get some CS in there so the TT can help me again this year.

So basically what comes down to it is that I am going to be homeless, I have no place to go. No one will take me in for a while and I suppose no roomate will take me either since I don't have a job.

My car is still down since I have no money to get an oil change since my bro in law thinks my oil gotten too old and it's thickening in the freezing whether which is causing my car to stall when I try to start it. I had been making other bills a priority other than my car.

I'm running low on food again and I don't know where I'm going to find food. I already gotten food last week at the St. Vincent de Paul Center Saturday when bro in law drove me up there to get some.

I've called attorneys from the library for the last two days and gotten no emails from them. I wish I can walk to the library to be able to use the TTD, but it's too far and the weather is very very cold today.

TT told me to apply for SSI since I used to be on it when I was in high school at Center on Deafness, I guess I need to go back on it, it doesn't pay well at all each month.

Unemployment Office takes forever to get a check out, be a few months before I get one in the mail.

I had to cancel the appointment for welfare because I got no ride and my sister is very sick. She has been sick for 5 1/2 weeks (I asked her how long finally, I thought it was longer, my bad) with severe headaches that won't go away. She has an appointment this friday to do a spinal tap. It's scaring her since she's never heard of the procedure. Her hubby took a month off to take care of her and he's now back to work.

I don't know what else to do, stuck at home and nowhere to go.

My life sucks.

Yizuman

Edited to add some other thoughts and corrected some spellings. Wish this forum's spell checker works.

Edited by - Yizuman on 21 January 2003 16:22:24

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Well Yiz... I don't know what to say.... I'm unable to help, but I feel really bad for you.

I hope this works out for you.

Inq

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Have you tried contacting the Salvation Army in your area. They may be able to get you some food and pay for your rent to bring it up to current date. That way you would have at least a month more before your landlord could evict you. Email a friend or someone who could call the Salvation Army to explain how desparte your rent situation is. And see if they will also get your car running for you. Sometimes churches will do volenteer work like small car repairs free for those who are really in need.

NewLight2

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I found two email address to Salvation Army and CC'ed them both to request some assistance. I will let you know what they say.

It's late in the afternoon, so I will see if they reply tomorrow.

Yizuman

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Yizuman,

Sorry you are going through such a hard time. Hope this will be of short duration. I might make a couple more suggestions, if all else fails. Try the Red Cross. So not to overwhelm the Catholics, try other churches as well.

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

Another thought - both the Baptist churches and the Assemblies of God churches have a "fund" set up for emergency assistance that will help pay rent for the current month, utility bills etc. Some even have a small "food shelf" within the local church itself. Look them up in the local phone book for addresses and have a friend call a few for you.

NewLight2

• Mary
    Mary

Can you not take a bus to the Welfare Office? They'll give you enough money for your rent and some food until your employment cheques start coming in..........and I would assume that you'd be eligible for some sort of a disability pension aren't you?

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Well, this is great, two of the email addresses I sent to the Salvation Army came back as none existance.

I'll keep surfing the internet for reliable email addresses...

Yizuman

• surferdude
    surferdude

i don't want to seem harsh, but if i were in dire need of cash, i would not be on the internet. there are always jobs out there,,you just have to be willing to look and accept anything that comes along. now is not the time for pity or negative thinking, get out there and change your situation!

sd

edit-------------------------------- i am aware of his problems,,, and i am sure he has dealt with them his whole life.. i am just trying to encourage him to do something about it..........

Edited by - surferdude on 21 January 2003 19:1:53

• Been there
    Been there

Yiz,

Maybe you could go take care of your sister for awhile for some food and shelter. Sounds like she could use the help. I don't know where you live but if there is a Vineyard Christian Church in your area they have food, and they may be able to help you in some way. They are a very works oriented church. Good Luck. "If it were'nt for bad luck you'd have no luck at all"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit