Let’s Speculate!!!

by John Aquila 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

What will the Watchtower look like BEFORE THE YEAR 2020?

Something has to give within the next year or so. But if nothing happens:

Will there still be a Governing Body?

Another change in the meaning of FDS, but still a governing body will sit.

Will they finally drop 1914?

No, never, but the meaning will change. After 100 years of JC Parousia something has to show.

Will the blood doctrine finally be dropped?

It may change again.

Will disfellowshipping be dropped?

No.

Will there still be Circuit Overseers, Elders, Pioneers?

There will still be church appointees.

Will there still be Judicial Committees?

Yes, or some refined way of dealing will rule breakers and giving spiritual help.

Will they still have conventions 3 times a year?

No.

How many meetings will they have a week?

Will they still go door to door preaching?

Yes

Will they drop the name; “Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?”

?

How many members will they have worldwide?

+

• steve2
    steve2

Look at Christadelphians, a once-thriving end-times, highly active religious group for a foreshafowing of JW organization.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Aprostate Okay, I do foresee this happening,
    "The Artist Once Again Known As Prince" pools his resources with Miley Cyrus and Pharrell Williams and buy out a major interest in the WT Society.
    Twerking becomes an acceptable form of worship in Jehovah's loving Congregation arrangement and "You Sexy Ministerial Servant" becomes one of many new Kingdom Melodies.

😂😂😂😂😂Made my day just thinking about it!

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

DATA-DOGan hour ago
    I will hopefully be dead by 2034, so I don't care about 2050. Matter of fact, I don't care about 2020. I can't even imagine another year of WTBTS cult shit, let alone decades.

Dee Dee, I hope you are not.

I hope you find something.

I know there are a million reasons to be glad what the cult teaches is a fairy tale, probably many more for than against. But I still miss the idea of this loving Jesus.To be honest I never liked Jehoover one little bit, but ole Jesus, well, sometimes when I think of kids dying & loneliness in old age I feel like bloody crying my bloody eyes out.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think we will see a rupture in the organization sometime in the future. A split similar to what happened during the bible students era after the death of C.T. Russel.

I believe that all the negative information coming to light will undoubtedly have an effect on some JWs in very high positions within the organization, motivating them to seize the opportunity to bravely push for changes within the organization which the uptight, unreasonable ones like AM III would stubbornly refuse, and this will result in a major scandal that would see a faction of Watchtower higher-ups breaking away to form a new group. If lawyers are involved in the faction, they could really make things messy and complicated for the "original" Watchtower leadership, tying them up in court proceedings and injunctions and what have you.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    In the near future the R&F figure out they've been lied to, drag the GB out of the WBTS Headquaters and promptly set about tar & feathering them. Oh wait that's my fantasy not speculation.......
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

What will the Watchtower look like in 30 years?

My predictions are more like 15 years ahead, further predictions are pure fantasy since society in general might change with unknown effects on the JWs.

Yes, I know JWs are isolated from the world in general but I predict very bad times for the world and that might actually help the Witnesses in increasing their numbers. Fundamentalist religions love misery.

Will there still be a Governing Body?

Always. The lust for power will always be there. And what would the alternative be, a non-hierarchical structure?

Will they finally drop 1914?

No, but as someone previously said here they will take the chronological voodoo out of it. They'll probably "forget" the "generation" issue. In any case, Adventists are doing well regardless of how irrelevant their date 1844 is for their general faith.

Will the blood doctrine finally be dropped?

It will probably be a conscience matter, more so than today. Also, by 2030 viable blood substitutes might be in use.

Will disfellowshipping be dropped?

Maybe underemphasized but I'm sure it will still be there for extreme cases.

Will there still be Circuit Overseers, Elders, Pioneers?

Their hierarchy will stay in tact although it may undergo some changes (whatever happened to District Overseers?). They are an authoritarian religion and I believe they will always have a top to bottom command structure.

Will there still be Judicial Committees?

That's the same as asking the question on disfellowshipping being dropped. If disfellowshippings are maintained to any degree you will need a judicial committee.

Will they still have conventions 3 times a year?

I'm sure they'll still have conventions though they may be weekend or single day conventions. Pardon the ignorant question but how long are they now?

How many meetings will they have a week?

Maybe two days like now though the weeknight meeting attendance might be reduce in hours and somewhat "optional".

Will they still go door to door preaching?

That is up in the air. They all hate field service and the cart witnessing is a more preferable option so that might take over a lot of their field service.

With the carts they don't get into people's private space. They don't need to be eloquent. At most they simply hand out leaflets.

Will they drop the name; “Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?”

Why should they? They have their bible and they will still have tracts to hand out.

How many members will they have worldwide?

If I'm not mistaken aren't they somewhat increasing in non Western nations? If global situations go from bad to worse there will always be people needing something to have faith in.

Also, we can't assume the Internet will affect them outside of English speaking nations. I'm not sure but I don't believe there are many ex-JW websites of our caliber in most of the languages that many JWs speak.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

What will the Watchtower look like in 30 years?

It will look very much like it looks today. Slowly changing and trying to always be 20 or 30 years behind the progressive times so they look conservative and elusive.

Will there still be a Governing Body? - yes, someone needs to be a scapegoat

Will they finally drop 1914? - nope, it was the start of WWI so they will point to it but not really explain it with chronology anymore.

Will the blood doctrine finally be dropped? - nope, they need something to make them seem different. It might weaken but the truly faithful will be as resolute as ever.

Will disfellowshipping be dropped? - NEVER. As long as there is freedom of association in the USA they will keep their ace-in-the hole.

Will there still be Circuit Overseers, Elders, Pioneers? - Nope, they will find a new name for all of them. Overseer seems like a dead word, maybe coordinate of the circuit or something goofy like that. The positions will remain

Will there still be Judicial Committees? - Yep

Will they still have conventions 3 times a year? - 2 times a year, one circuit (or whatever they will call it then) and one regional (or whatever they will call it then)

How many meetings will they have a week? - 2 meetings a week so they can get maximum usage of the kingdom hall and put as many congregations in them as possible.

Will they still go door to door preaching? - yes, people need a busy work that keeps them isolated. If they were to spend time reading the bible or thinking or helping the poor it would help them break free of the cult

Will they drop the name; “Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?” - They won't but that is just a legal name. It owns all the publishing. I think "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society" owns all the real estate.

How many members will they have worldwide? 10 million

• The Marvster
    The Marvster
    John Aquila... yep, me being a bit slow, and not knowing anything about the borg for the last 3 years since being DF'd, and then hearing about all the 'new light' stuff, which seemed to be an attempt to bury watchtower's historical gaffs, and then learning that the website is now called JW.org instead of Watchtower.org, I immediately smelled a rat and just having a hunch I wondered if that's what they were trying to do, slowly minimise the term 'watchtower' and distance themselves from it.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The only hope for it's suvival is change.

If it is still around under the same name, it will be a social club with a suggestion book based loosely on the some scriptures.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit