WTS Reparations

by Black Man 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Black Man
    Black Man

If you could, what reparations would the WTS have to make to you?

• happyout
    happyout

My youth. Not that I'm that old (39), but if I had not been a dub in my teens, I would have gone to college, and probably had a lot more money because of it. Since they can't give me back my youth, I would accept a universal apology for the lives they have destroyed, and a wholesale overhaul of their practices.

Think they'll go for it??

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If they begin to follow the "don't go beyond the things written" concept and accept the fact that they have tried to micro-manage things in peoples' lives, I would be satisified.

Additionally, I would request some therapy sessions from a physical therapist at Bethel to reshape my butt so it doesn't appear to be molded from the seats in Yankee Stadium. I suffer from the dreaded SAS disease - Stadium Ass Syndrome.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

There is no possible way for the Watchtower to make any reparations for what they take from people. But if they would admit their mistakes, stop hurting people with their destructive doctrine and policies, that would be a good start. Wanting money from the Watchtower would reinforce a victim mentality in a person in my opinion, which isn't conducive to them recovering or having the best life possible. However, current lawsuits seeking financial damages are good because the Watchtower will only change when they are forced to.

• Black Man
    Black Man

happyout:

Yeah......COLLEGE is definitely a sore point for me.

RubaDub:

The micromanagement is what really kills me. They get into your bedroom, try to dictate things that are clearly personal-choice issues. Additionally, I think I've been afflicted with SAS since about age 5.

MegaDude

As f*cked up as the Catholics are at least they are admitting mistakes and apologizing. Think we'll ever see that from the WTS?

• avengers
    avengers

A million bucks sounds good.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

I'd go with happyout's solution, although having about an acre of Ted Jaracz's hide wouldn't hurt my feeling none

LoneWolf

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

WBTS brought up on charges in a court of law for every crime they have commited,deaths they have caused,extortion,fraud,blackmail,tax evasion(abusive cults shouldn`t be allowed the same tax break as real religions),,just to name a few...OUTLAW

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Just disbanding as an organization and admitting they are a cult that has no more market on the "truth" than another other religious cult would be good enough for me. I hope to see it in my lifetime.

And, most importantly, that I be blessed enough to raise MY children in a much psychologically healthy enviornment than I was raised in. This cult crap will STOP with my line.

Not exactly reparations, but what can you expect from the WTS???

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I am with MegaDude. He said it for me.

They cannot give back what they took with dollars. I have moved on....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit