• Englishman
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

it's pretty good.. if a little salty.

CG

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Deja vu...

Didn't we do this last year, until the Aussies got in on the Vegemite act?

Personally, I love the stuff!!!

• Matty
    Matty

individuals wife doesn't post here much these days, but she must be a fan as she has a jar as her avatar!

I love marmite! A tip: Cheese loses a lot of it's flavour when it's cooked and so cheese on toast is sometimes rather bland tasting - so, to give it a bit more zing, spread marmite on the toast before you put cheese on it - delicious!!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Only In Britain

The savoury spread Marmite was the subject of a Commons motion yesterday. Former sports minister Tony Banks said that 2002 marked the 100th anniversary of its creation. His motion said: "We take intense satisfaction from the essential Britishness of the product and its lack of appeal for the majority of the world's population

The basic raw material used in the manufacture of MARMITE is spent brewer's yeast, a substance whose original and only use was to ferment sugars into alcohol. For many years this by-product of the brewing process was seen as a nuisance rather than potentially valuable food source.

Reminds me of the Tigers-Milk my mother used to make us drink. Thank you Adele Davis. Brewers Yeast YUMMM !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Matty:
    Worcester sauce and black pepper has a similar effect

• ballistic
    ballistic

I can't get enough of the stuff.

• Angharad
    Angharad

I despise the stuff !

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

for want of a better expression 'it's b.....y awful stuff' disgusting, yukkie, all the horrible words that you can think of describes the taste of Marmite

Mrs Nightwarrior

mind you the kids like it

• anglise
    anglise

My favourite supper is ryvitas with a thin spread of marmite and thin slices of cheese,

yum yum.

oh and a glass or 2 of red wine.

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit