The Marmite Wars.

by Englishman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

I hate both Marmite and Vegemite

• Brummie
    Brummie

I'm definately a hater!

Strange but every so often I have the urge to take the slightest little bit of it on the end of a needle and taste it to see if I could ever get used to it, every time I spit it out. Verdict: VILE.

Brummie

• alfie
    alfie

Marmite is good. My wife and I really enjoy it. As a matter of fact, one of my favourite sandwiches is: 2 slices of 100% whole wheat bread, spread natural peanut butter on one slice, marmite on the other,then as filling, layer in no particular order sardines, tomatoes, cheese( I prefer aged Canadian cheddar), onion and cucumber. That along with a pint of skim milk is heaven; and before anybody says anything, try it first.

alfie

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

VEGEMITE

This Canadian votes with his Kiwi and Aussie mates. Vegemite, rules.

Everyone, sing the Vegemite song....

• SYN
    SYN

The UN should seriously create a RESOLUTION to ban the production of Marmite. YUCK. BLEH. BLEH. BLEH.

Guess it's an acquired taste...

• Matty
    Matty

I like Vegemite and I like Marmite, one is not better than the other - they are just different. Personally I think Marmite is nicer on toast and Vegemite is nicer in a sandwich!

Conciliatory Matty!

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is my own private Marmite recipe, it's called New World Surprise.

Ingredients:

1 pot of Marmite.

1 Round of toast.

1 Knob of butter.

1 Curious American.

Method:

Place pot of Marmite, round of toast and knob of butter on table in front of curious American. Observe Transatlantic cousin spread butter on toast followed by generous dollops of Marmite to a depth of at least one-quarter of an inch and take a huge bite from same.

Run like hell as crazed guest tries to kill you as he foams at mouth.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit