"Help at the right Time" KM February...

by frogit 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    give encouragement in a kind, understanding way.

Lets see how understanding they are ;

Do they understand that I could take no more of the politics of the body of elders?

Do they understand that I can see through the arguments about 1914, the Generation and, by the way,where has the New World got to?

Do they understand my distate of a salvation that can only be had at the cost of the lives of up to 6 million people?

etc ,etc

BTW, nice to see some newbie Brits here !

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Translation: too many JW's have realized hoofing it from door to door trying to get converts to a cultic, no frills religion is, frankly, a drag.

I'll be waitin' for their kind, loving, understanding words. I'm interested to see just how they can lovingly couch a message that basically goes like this: Become a JW and pedal your religion door to door, or die an ignoble, horrific death at the hands of a "loving" God.

Sign me up!!!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Funny it's focus is the "preaching work." It seems to me such efforts in the past have been focused on just getting people back to the meetings. Doesn't it follow that if they are attending meetings regularly they more than likely will succumb to the pressure to preach??

I agree, sounds like it may be more of a numbers game here. Not just getting peoples' sorry butts to the Hall, but get them out going door to door and "placing" those books & mags.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    I know of a guy (not gay but guy - better be carefull with the letters here ....) who had not been at meetings for 10 years or so, not since he was a teenager, but then started attending because he wanted to "get back". Because he was co-habiting with a girl, he was then df'ed. Not the best of welcomes, perhaps ............

We experienced this irony, also. Both my husband and I had been inactive for awhile. He was totally inactive, and I was sporadic.

During this period of time, I repeatedly asked for help for both myself and my husband, with no response. Then, we finally decided to put forth a major effect to re-activate ourselves, and were studying again and attending most meetings.

However, my husband had started smoking again during his 10+ inactive years, and he was unable to meet their 30-day deadline for quitting, so he was disfellowshipped within months of his trying to go back.

This whole situation pushed ME over the edge, and I was so disgusted I never went back. Now I know too much and would never consider going back again. It has been about 18 years now, and no elder has ever visited me during this time. I hope that they don't try doing anything at this point in time.

• bay64me
    bay64me

"My congregation has got to be one of the most unloving in the UK - full of spiteful hypocrites and gossips."

Rebel,

sounds like you went to the same hall as me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit