"Help at the right Time" KM February...

by frogit 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frogit
    frogit

10 min: Talk by Elder. "Help at the right Time" Highlight that the special effort being made to assist those who are inactivate reflects Jehovahs loving concern for his people.

Help at the right Time

1 When the apostle Peter saw a need to strengthen fellow believers, concern moved him to give them loving reminders and encouragement. (2 Pet. 1:12, 13;3:1) He urged 'those who had obtained a faith' to keep growing in spiritual qualities so as not to become "either inactive or unfruitful regarding the accurate knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." (2 Pet, 1:1, 5-8) Peter's purpose was to help them make the calling and choosing they had received from Jehovah sure, so that they might "be found finally by him spotless and unblemished and in peace." (2 Pet. 1:10, 11; 3:14) For many, his encouragement proved to be help al the right time.

2 Today. Christian overseers have similar concern for God's people. In these "critical times hard to deal with," many servants of Jehovah must contend with trying circumstances, (2 Tim. 3:1) Because of ongoing financial, family, or personal problems, some may feel as did David: "Calamities encircled me until there was no numbering of them. More errors of mine overtook me than I was able to see; they became more numerous than the hairs of my head, and my own heart left me." (Ps.40:12) These pressures can become so great that such ones may neglect vital spiritual matters and stop having an active share in the Christian ministry. Yet, despite their difficulties, 'they have not forgotten Jehovah's own commandments.' (Ps.119:176) Now is the right time for elders to provide such ones with needed help. Isa. 32:1.2.

3 To meet this need the elders have been encouraged to make a special effort to assist those who are not currently having a share in the preaching work. A concerted effort to accomplish this is now in progress and will extend through the month of March. Book study overseers are being asked to visit inactive ones to offer spiritual assistance with a view to helping them renew their activity with the congregation. Where there is a need, a personal Bible study may be arranged. Others may be asked to assist. If you are invited to do so, your efforts could be very beneficial, especially if you give encouragement in a kind, understanding way.

4 There is reason for all to rejoice when someone resumes his activity with the congregation. (Luke 15:6) Our efforts to encourage inactive ones may truly result in "a word spoken at the right time for it."-Prov. 25:11,

frogit

Edited by - frogit on 20 January 2003 15:21:39

• Gopher
    Gopher

Because of ongoing financial, family, or personal problems, .... pressures can become so great that such ones may neglect vital spiritual matters and stop having an active share
    How about "because of internal problems with the way the Watchtower Society handles matters, certain ones do not conscientiously feel they can share in its activity any longer".

What about acknowledging that there are real problems in the organization and how it treats pedophiles, in how it rudely treats disfellowshipped and disassociated ones rather than showing the loving interest?

If a person has an OBJECTION to the Watchtower's involvement with the UN up until recently, and with its owning stocks in the RandCam military corporation, can that be considered a "pressure" that would be hard for a person to deal with?

Reports are that if an inactive one while being visited voices any displeasure with Jehovah's Witnesses, that they may be subject to disassociation.

The threat is veiled, and is not revealed in this Pollyanna-ish article in the Kingdom Ministry. But apparently the WTS is sending out the elders to do a dividing work, between those who want to come back and those who don't (and would therefore be subject to being disassociated).

After all, if you don't WANT to come back, obviously you have a spiritual problem and are a threat to the congregation!!

• Gopher
    Gopher

After all if they really cared about the inactive ones, why the push to get this visitation campaign done in March of this year? Wouldn't it be an ongoing program? There is a hidden agenda here. This Gopher smells a rat.

• Mulan
    Mulan

The local PO called my mother and told her he and another elder are going to call on us soon. He wanted her to know, but not us. (one of my friends told me, after Mom told her, because she wanted us to be warned) He told Mom they are going to see if we still want to be part of the organization, and he didn't want her to think they were just calling to get rid of us.

All I can say is: GOOD GRIEF

• bay64me
    bay64me

And if they REALLY cared, many wouldn't have left in the first place!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Those that are inactive got there by choice. Im betting their choice is to STAY that way.

CG

• blondie
    blondie

I think I mentioned this somewhere else before, that the memorial is April 16. I'm sure this is partly a numbers push for a big grand total for next year's January WT.

Elders can be so stupid.

The local PO called my mother and told her he and another elder are going to call on us soon. He wanted her to know, but not us.

So he thought he would just show up at the door and be invited in, Mulan? What a dimwit he is.

3/15/96 WT page 26

Suggestions for Shepherding Calls

Makeanappointment: It is usually good to make an appointment. If the elder plans to handle a serious problem, it would be proper to inform the publisher of this beforehand.

Blondie

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

For those who are expecting a visit, how will you handle them when they come? I resent the fact that the only reason they will be knocking on my door is because of this campain. I quit going to meetings a year ago and have not had a phone call or visit from one single elder since I dropped off the radar.

I can't decide if I should use passive resistence or tell them how I really feel.

What will you do with they come visit you?

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Well, I think Big Tex and I are prepared. We've printed out the essay by Alan F. on baptism vows, a copy of the Texas government's profile on a convicted child abuser who goes to my dad's congregation (he's considered a "moderate risk" by the state), and the statement from the Society's website that people can just leave without being DA'd or DF'd. I told BT I want the big boom box out there in plain sight and I'm going to tell them that we are going to tape the conversation, just so there won't be any misunderstandings.

Bring it on!

Nina

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

My husband and I have decided that we don't want the elders in our home. As the one who is baptized, I will meet them outside and tell them that I don't want to be associated with them any longer and that they are not to return. I hope they listen this time because if they keep pushing the issue and show up again I'm gonna be rude!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit