why did the sacrafice have to be so BRUTAL

by Tater-T 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    Sorry Vin man but I don't see the Bible as an explanation to itself but it still doesn't equate to justice and who is being satisfied Satan or god for the injustice of a man eating a piece of fruit
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

To Tater-T

I see it as more of a demonstration than a drama.

The whole episode is ugly, disturbing and offensive. But what is most disturbing to me about it is that I'm not certain that I wouldn't do something like that given certain circumstances.

Being aware of this, I believe I have received much mercy.

Thanks Tater-T

NCC

• vinman
    vinman

I am no longer a witness. But my love of Yahweh and his Son was never based on Watchtower. I respect other people's opinions. I will never resort to name calling or speaking my thoughts in an arrogant manner. But I will share what affected me and for those who care, what has kept me on track. I meditated on this and of course my thoughts are in brackets.

Thus says Yahweh: Cursed is the man ( intentionally or not I am receiving the affects of trusting 7 men all my life) who trusts in man, and makes flesh his arm, and whose heart departs from Yahweh. ( common after leaving Watchtower)- Jeremiah 17:5

Jeremiah, 17:6 - For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, ( leaving the tower is traumatic and many lives do not turn out well due to fact that they did not see good when it came, that of leaving Watchtower) but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, a salt land and not inhabited.
    Anyway, I am not preaching. But for those who are still believers, you might like this.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    Today at 10:54 AM
    Oh so it's a demonstration not an equation Like were led to believe therefore it's a lie

So it's not an equation like the Bible says it is so we can't believe that
  • John Aquila
    John Aquila

Someone posted not too long ago a story about a man and his 5 year old daughter who invited the next door neighbor’s daughter to play with his daughter. The man had prepared a bounty of fruit and sweets on one table and told the little girl she could help herself with anything except the grapes in a small container.

The man noticed that the girl cautiously took ONE grape and put it in her mouth right before she left.

The man was upset and forbade this little girl from coming back to his house to play with his daughter. In time the man decided to sacrifice his daughter by allowing others to beat her to a pulp and nail her to a torture stake. After she was dead, the man allowed the neighbor’s daughter to come back and visit his home.

The little girl came back to visit the man and ate all the grapes.

Sound ridiculous right?

That’s how I view the story of Adam and Eve and the sacrifice of Jesus.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

why did the sacrafice have to be so BRUTAL

Perhaps because it was simply the time he lived in. After all, human rights in Roman times doesn't compare to human rights in the West in the 21st century.

Can you imagine Jesus alive in the UK today? He'd probably get a free council house and counselling, and start a magic double act with Paul Daniels. I'd only hope Britain would crucify Paul Daniels ...

Jesus would also be applauded by the Left for standing up to the Jewish religious leaders, and would be encouraged to speak up in favour of Hamas

• prologos
    prologos
    freemindfade
    Jesus was born perfect. Why not let herrod just kill him with the other babies and call it a day?

better yet, called it a day of J---A ,--and let "Jesus" live past one thousand years, to prove his perfection, and then breeze through torture, to prove that there is "no more pain".?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    God blinds the minds of the unbelievers, that settles it. This scripture shows God can not be a God of love for a loving God would not do this.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

It is a mythic narrative. A narrative that is played out in every man's suffering and death on earth, in different ways. A display of the human condition. What it means to be purely human.

That myth, the story of death and suffering, is one that is repeated throughout human history, since time immemorial. It is reality told in the form of a story.

It is the human story. The Grand Narrative.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Animals may do things some consider cruel when they have no conscious understanding of cruelty - it's about survival of the fittest. Humans on the other hand are the only creatures with a conscious understanding of cruelty and its effects, yet we choose to indulge in it for the most trivial reasons, sometimes taking absolute delight in it. So if we're supposed to be made in His image it stands to reason if He does exist, he is the cruelest of all, begging the question was everything simply created to appease his sadistic cravings?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit