why did the sacrafice have to be so BRUTAL

by Tater-T 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    Why did the sacrifice have to be so brutal… I mean what value does that add to the equation of justice.
    Couldn't he Jesus have came down and just been slaughtered like a regular sacrifice without the brutal torture.

Why is justice served by brutality

Anyone anyone Bueller... LOL

Now you know I don't like to type for hours but this is always bothered me

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Sacrifices offered up through the Leviticus priesthood had to be blemish free with no defect, otherwise they were not accepted by Jehovah. So if a beaten up sheep was offered up as a sacrificed, then it was rejected. Yet Jesus was beaten to the core and pummeled almost to death and then in this condition was offered up as a sacrifice to Jehovah. If the sacrifices of the priesthood foreshadowed the sacrifice of Jesus then it was rejected for this very reason.

New International Version

Deuteronomy 15:21

If an animal has a defect, is lame or blind, or has any serious flaw, you must not sacrifice it to the LORD your God.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

thank you John ..

oh and by the way i love your avatar ... In Dexter season 6 when the 2 witnesses were the Killers and I looked in the Revelation book who the WT said was the 2 witnesses were, I knew it was BS ...

Dexter was my awakening

• John Aquila
    John Aquila

Ha ha, I loved that particular episode. I was wondering, Dexter only killed bad people, would that mean that if he was an exjw he would go after the GB and Elders?

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Just my thoughts.

Perhaps the sacrifice was so brutal because people can be brutal. It showed the ugliness of sin.

Perhaps it also demonstrated God's love in that people who could go so far as to torture and crucify the Son of God could receive forgiveness from him.

Perhaps it serves to show how willing Jesus was to "throw himself on the grenade" to save others. Even those who's hands placed him there.

NCC-1701

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Jesus was born perfect. Why not let herrod just kill him with the other babies and call it a day?
  • millie210
    millie210

I have always been bothered by the sacrifice of Jesus but mine took a different form...

I could never understand how it was that big of a deal if he know ahead of time all he had to do was XYZ and he would get resurrected in less than 72 hours,

There are many people who die for causes they believe in with NO promise of reliving in 72 hours or even with any certainty of a future life at all.

The Bible even refers to that kind of sacrifice as saying "greater love hath no man than that he lay down his life for another."

So Jesus didnt lay down his life, he surrendered it briefly, Maybe the beatings and the court trail and the horrific things he endured were to distract from that fact?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    At NCC 1701
    Perhaps perhaps perhaps
    Really you want to base your whole life on that.
    It doesn't add up to a merciful God
    it doesn't add up to anything but fiction
    My point is that there's no value added by the beating why is there such brutality… Oh it makes for a better story and greater drama
  • vinman
    vinman

Copied and pasted: Jesus' suffering and torture shows the hatred and cruelty of humanity. Satan's hatred of God and His Son Jesus were the motivation behind the extreme torture and abuse. The suffering of Jesus is an example of how sinful man feels toward a holy God (Romans 3:10-18).

Isaiah 53:3-5 says, "He is despised and rejected by men, a Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed."
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yep my question too in a older thread, this is one of many reasons why I don't believe it ever happened.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit