Jan 2003 KM - "Send us your $'s electronic...

by Funchback 19 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

I just called the Society and they are going to mail me the information.

I'll try to scan it for you all after it arrives.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Some have suggested that they might setup an automatic checking account deduction system... I wouldn't put it past them. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if congregations start making "resolutions" and pass around "sign up" sheets after the meetings (pressure and guilt).

I wonder what the affect will be though...

Will the average JW reason "I have already paid x amount automatically, therefore there is no need to put money in the contribution box when I pick up literature."? Will the average JW reason this way over and over and over and not realize that they are picking up far more literature than they are "donating" for?

OR

Will the average JW continue making "donations" for the literature that is picked up while still making the auto-deduct payments at the same time resulting in the WTS effectively "double dipping" and getting nearly twice the money as before.

JWs will experience a conflict of natural "JW Instincts".

1. Be as stingy and pay as little as possible
    2. Feel quilt for not paying for "donation" based literature.

Edited by - Elsewhere on 20 January 2003 13:42:5

• Scully
    Scully

Heh heh...

I'm going to check my on-line banking website to see if I can add The Watchtower Society to my bill payment section.

Just so I can have the satisfaction of DELETING them from the list. I may do this several times if it feels good. If I don't come back by 9pm tonight, send a search party.

Love, Scully

• Funchback
    Funchback

I received the letter from the WTS today and, since I currently do not have access to a scanner, I am going to type it out.

Stay tuned!

• Sargon
    Sargon

I wonder if they'll accept Canadian Tire money?

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

is that theocratic blue or smurf blue ronin?

Ravyn

• LDH
    LDH

I'm tuned, Funch.

I'm tuned....

Lisa

• Funchback
    Funchback

Here is the link to the thread in which I typed out the entire letter:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45216&site=3

• jillbedford
    jillbedford

How is it that a witness would have enough money to own a computer and pay out a monthly deduction after never completing high school or getting any higher education? Aren't all witness's in the janitor business? Struggling to pay even their self employment taxes?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bttt.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit