Jan 2003 KM - "Send us your $'s electronic...

by Funchback 19 Replies latest social current

• Funchback
    Funchback

Page 3, under 'Announcements', last bulletpoint:

"For those who wish to make donations to the worldwide work electronically, a set of instructions is available to explain this arrangement. For further information, call or write to Watch Tower, Office of the Secretary and Treasurer, 25 Columbia Heights, Brooklyn, New York 11201-2483, (718) 560-5000."

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Guess there are *some* things they'll keep up to date on.

But heaven forbid a sister wears a pair of pants to a meeting.

(edited to clarify "to a meeting" for those that couldn't figure that much out)

Edited by - SPAZnik on 20 January 2003 5:24:41

• Funchback
    Funchback

The funny thing about sister's in pants is that they regularly wear pants to their jobs or jeans when dressing casually.

Regarding the KM comment, they make sending money to them very easy and convenient. But how easy would it be if a JW in a dire situation requested some money from the WTBTS? Well, we know that the answer is: IMPOSSIBLE.

• avengers
    avengers

Is it now okay to use the Internet? I thought use of it was restricted? Not for donations though as I see here.

Oh well I'm always wrong in the eyes of the Faithful Slave.

• SYN
    SYN

Avengers: GOOD!

• blondie
    blondie

Having worked in various forms of financial institutions, electronic deposit is more accurate and saves money in time and personnel. Most JWs are too electronically challenged to send it electronically. The congregations currently send their money to the WTS electronically.

This would be more astounding if you set up an automatic monthly debit from your account. I will see if that is the case.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Doesn't the Society want people to automatically send in their monies? Why wouldn't they??? If we can use debit cards on unrighteous riches, we certainly should set aside funds for the carrying on of the Lord's interests.......such a no-brainer!

• longtimeout
    longtimeout

...Donations to the "worldwide work"? What could that possibly be? I'd love to know what percentage of the Borg's massive fortune actually does go to this alleged activity.

• ronin1
    ronin1

How special.

How convenient.

Hey!! I'm broke. You think I can get the Borg to send me some monies electronically into my checking account?

It's possible I may turn blue waiting.

(Laugh!!!)

Ronin1

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if they accept PayPal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit