Anna Nicole Smith ~ the horror or not ?

by Xandria 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Xandria
    Xandria

Okay Folks,

Perhaps you can help me here. This below or the blue eyeshadow ??

The show is irritating enough. But it has sparked a debate in my family. If the blue eye shadow is what makes her look trashy or the how she presents herself. I have voted for the latter. Please help me settle this so we can at least move on to the next debate with out a fight . Perhaps on the Osbournes. Gawd this reminds me of the fight Chocolate! no peanut butter!.. your chocolate has fallen into my peanut butter! Ah.. when all else fails.. siblings can help get your mind off of things. By starting a fight!

Xandria

Of the " I'mmmm tellllllinnnnnggg" class. lol.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I've never seen the show, but I don't think that the blue eyeshadow makes her appear to be trashy. Therefore, I can only assume that the way she presents herself is what does it.

On the subject of the Osbornes, I never liked Ozzie (although I always thought he was cute) until watching the show. The Osbornes are my favorite disfunctional family and Ozzie (now old and not cute) is a pretty cool dad.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Xandria,

You're aware that her assistant Kim is one of us (an XJW!! yay, Kimmy! Yay, AnnaNicole for being Kimmy's friend!!)

I think Anna Nicole is a pretty smart gal. I'm sure she knows that squeezing herself into those WAY too small clothes causes everyone to think, "What a JERK!!" and tune in next week. She understands show biz. Maybe not as well as Madonna does, but we'll see.

Anna's got a lot of voluptuous Babe-osity going on, in my opinion. She should loose some weight for the sake of her health, but she's a big gal and will never weigh 120.

• wednesday
    wednesday

I watched that show when it first came out, and i loved it. I eventually grew tired of it.. She does sound like she is drugged,i don't have a prob with her makeup-just that she sounds like she is on drugs and acts like a spolied baby.

• Mum
    Mum

On the subject of being "trashy," I wish to paraphrase what Dolly Parton said, as I cannot recall her exact words. It went something like this:

When I was growing up, there were certain women in our town who dyed their hair, wore their blouses too low, their skirts too tight and their make-up too heavy. Everyone in town called them "trash." I always knew that, when I grew up, what I wanted to be was trash.

I would have liked to be more trashy, too, but trashiness won't take on some of us. People have to say things like, "She's almost always late" or "She could stand to lose a few pounds" or "She needs to vacuum more often" to denigrate me. Oh, well maybe I can be trash in my next life....

SandraC, always just a trash wannabe

• LB
    LB

OK poor Nicole gets trashed more than Bill Clinton ever could hope to be. But most of us guys have paid lots more money for way less attractive.

Hell I even bought a house for one once.

Edited by - LB on 19 January 2003 23:27:7

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I had no idea that Kimmy was an ExJW,,,,,,,,,, wow!!!!!!!!

I hate to admit Ihave watched the show, it is one of my deep dark secrets......lol.

I think she is seriously on drugs. I don't think she could fake the slurred speech, the stumbling around, the way her mouth turns down , she looks like she is fighting sleep all the time. I grew up wiht my mom on prescription drugs and she looked just like this,,,,,,,,not like Anna, but the charatristics facial expressions . I think Anna knows what she is doing, she is after the money, the fame, even at the cost of making a fool out of herself and her son.

She has been in rehab and Betty Ford clinic before years ago for drug abuse.

Maybe that is why she is letting herself be taped stoned out of her mind, because she is definatly not thinking clearly. The girl couldnt pass a drivers test.

I can't stand her lawyer Howard Stern, I do think he is exploiting her , even thou she is letting him.

It is sad you can't have better friends to tell you you are making a fool of yourself on national tv.

I wonder if she will look back at this show and be embarrassed one day.

In her monologues or whatever you would call them, as she sets up a scene after it has happened , you can tell she is not stoned, not bright ,but not stoned.

The actual everyday stuff she is on drugs and like I said , I have seen people on drugs, it is hard to have it down so good, she is not that good of an actress. I feel a little sorry for her,,,,,,, she needshelp and some real friends.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Here's one news article from 2002:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/mercurynews/entertainment/3785708.htm

Posted on Fri, Aug. 02, 2002

Anna Nicole Smith has no Osbourne family values

It was inevitable: Once the Osbourne family proved you could find fame and fortune by allowing cameras to poke around your private lives 24-7, a string of other ``celebrities'' lined up to do the same.

``The Osbournes'' worked because Ozzy, Sharon, Jack and Kelly Osbourne were interesting people and MTV did a sharp job of editing down hours of material into something resembling a reality sitcom. It also worked because, as bizarre as the Osbournes were on the surface, the family was a functional one within which parents and children actually communicated -- albeit with a heavy sprinkling of the F-word.

On the other hand, take a look at the life of Anna Nicole Smith, whose ``The Anna Nicole Show'' (premieres 10 p.m. Sunday, E!) is the first of the ``Osbournes'' clones to get out of the box. Smith, 34, is a woman of zaftig frame and little talent whose chief claim to fame was that she was once a Playboy Playmate and a Guess! jeans model. After her modeling days were over, her full-time job was ``celebrity,'' and she was spotted at every film opening, every Hollywood party for no apparent reason other than she looked faintly familiar to the paparazzi.

Later, Smith added litigation to her list of talents -- as in suing and being sued. She married an ancient (and very wealthy) oil baron named J. Howard Marshall in 1994. When he died seven years ago, at age 90, Smith found herself in a seemingly never-ending court fight with his son over the oil baron's substantial estate.

That case still hasn't ended, which may explain why -- for a nice little fee -- Smith is letting E! into her life.

``I'm doing it because I've been stuck in the house so long from the litigation,'' Smith claimed during a recent session with reporters. ``And when E! came, it was just . . . the perfect time for me to get out. It's just to have fun with the show and get out of my house and get away from the litigation.''

I have to explain at this point that Smith made these comments while sitting tensely on a pink (her favorite color) couch and clutching her toy poodle, Sugar Pie, who has her own shrink and takes Prozac. She was accompanied by her lawyer, Howard (No Not That One) Stern and her assistant Kim Walther, who gave up being a Jehovah's Witness to become hopelessly devoted to Anna Nicole.

No Not That Howard Stern, Kim the Witness and Sugar Pie will all be part of the show, as will Smith's teenage son, Daniel, who appears to be a normal kid who's been dragged into this mess against his will. When this series starts airing, Daniel may ask to be put in the witness protection program and given a new identity.

To be perfectly upfront, I haven't seen a full episode of ``The Anna Nicole Show,'' but I've seen enough ``highlight'' clips to know a dog when I see one. This is one pathetic exercise in exploitation with one truly embarrassing scene involving Anna Nicole talking about how long it's been since she's had sex and the creative use of a pillow. And it's clear that Anna Nicole's life isn't full enough and E! had to cook up little road trips (Anna Nicole goes bowling!) to fill out the series.

Mark Sonnenberg, the executive vice president of entertainment for E!, justifies the show by saying that ``there's an incredible fascination that people have with Anna. And for E!, we're about bringing people closer to celebrities.''

Of course, people are also fascinated with freeway car wrecks, and that's pretty much what this series is: a car wreck.

You have been officially warned.

• Realist
    Realist

sorry but that woman is just a living nightmare!

LB,

But most of us guys have paid lots more money for way less attractive.
    i hope this was a joke!!! :-)))))
  • Country Girl
    Country Girl

It's one of those things you can't "help" but watch, at least for a few minutes, because you find yourself helpless to do anything for this woman, but at the same time wondering if you yourself could ever sink to that level. You are stunned on many levels. She knows what she is doing.

She was sitting out front of an ice cream shop one day and a passerby appeared to comment to her about the show exploiting her. She made some remark that it was all for the money. She knows what she is doing. She doesn't care. In her drug-induced stupor, she figures she's going to make a fool of herself anyway, so what matter if just in front of a few friends, or the whole nation. A buck is a buck.

I think she's either quite courageous, or just so totally caught up in her own legend that she is oblivious to the obvious scorn of all.

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit