Assembly in Dudley UK

by Iron Eagle 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

Hi

Anybody go to the assemblies in Dudley ?!?!

Its just around the corner but its the first time I won't be going and I dont feel any guilt about it !!!

hahahaha!!

Something inside me still makes me WANT to go though...oh well !!!

• radar
    radar

Iron Eagle

Spent many assemblies at Dudley.

The boredom of it all, was overwhelming

My whole familly was baptised there.

• bay64me
    bay64me

Never been to Dudly.

However, I remember the first assembly that I never went to.

It felt great. I had the whole day to myself.

Any feelings about me "wanting" to be there were probably just guilt.

I soon got over that.

Bay64me.

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

really?

yeh it was boring

I always used to dread having to get dipped into that pool

.... so glad it never happened !

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Mrs Nightwarrior here, I went to a couple of assemblies at Dudley with friends, many moons ago, but I originally went to ones in the North East, and then the last 18 years to the Surrey Assembly Hall, Hayes Bridge, and the next one day assembly is coming up next week I think, and it is lovely to know that I do not have to get ready, and make sandwiches.......oh lovely.......oh well just my little contribution to the postings

Byeeee

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I was there last month. It's the most luxurious Assembly Hall I've been in. It's a Grade 2 listed building completely refurbished internally with lots of marble and brass fittings. The platform incorporates a giant rear-projection monitor used during the baptism.

Ostentatious.

• Matty
    Matty

Dudley - Just like Bowes Road is is a converted cinema. Yes, I know it well and have worked at the refurb.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hi Matty!

My you get around don't you!

I was baptised at Bowes Road and in fact I still attend most assemblies there as part of my slow[ish] fade. I've scoped the Dudley hall recently to keep track of the whole James Barratt issue. So how are you man? Ready for that drink yet?

Nic'

• Brummie
    Brummie

I was in the staffordshire 2 circuit and Dudley (or Dudurly) was our 6 monthly job. Used to go with the congregation to do the preperations for the assembly. It was the very last meeting I ever attended, I walked out just after the baptisms and never went back to any KH.

What congregation are you from? Or is it too risky to say at the moment?

Brummie

• Matty
    Matty

Edited to remove double-post

Edited by - matty on 19 January 2003 17:48:3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit