Clearing the Laundromat of Propaganda

by Jim_TX 13 Replies latest social current

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Good work,Jim! (miss you, btw)

Did you count your time???? lol

Randy and I were on the CTA bus the other day and noticed about 6 or 7 JW "tracts". We put them in our pockets and dumped them later. I couldn't even look at them.

I always see Watchtowers and tracts on the subway or the bus. I try to pick them up and throw them away. I wish "witnessing" had been so easy when I was going in service!!!

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How have you been? Glad to hear that you and Randy are together. Yall take care of each other, ya hear?

I throw away the JW literature rather than deal with scribbling on it or anything. I don't care if the JWs think that someone is benefitting from it.

*shrug*

Most of em look like trash anyway. (When I handle them - it is always by the corners. That stuff gives me the willies.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Flip
    Flip

Yeah, no kidding ed.

Personally, as a long term inactive JW and as odious as I now find those magazines, I feel the producers of those rags would rather they be discarded as quickly as possible also.

Not only to create a marketing demand so that Jahs Sales Associates will purchase more of next weeks issue, but the corporation must realize the magazines esthetic value is very low and any discerning reader would come to the same conclusion if they actually allowed themselves to critically scrutinize the magazines content in relation to the reality.

A more fitting demise for the magazines than rogue censorship would be to leave them to fester in the wind like Las Vegas nudie call girl advertising littering the gutters of The Strip or the more environmentally friendly; inserts placed inside the magazines with instructions of where on the internet one could find alternative information.

Edited by - Flip on 19 January 2003 19:44:29

• belbab
    belbab

Get a rubber stamp and stamp: Reading these magazines may be hazardous to your health.

belbab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit