Clearing the Laundromat of Propaganda

by Jim_TX 13 Replies latest social current

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well, today was 'wash day' at the laundromat. It is also the time that I rid the laundromat of the propaganda that seems to collect there.

You know what I mean. It seems to be a collection point for Watchtower and Awakes that JWs seem to want to leave there.

Today, I hit the jackpot! 8 copies of the magazines were strewn about - for the brainwashing 'enjoyment' of the laundromat patrons.

Well, they all hit the trashcan - right after I stuck my quarters into the washer.

This is the greatest quantity that I have ever seen in one trip to do laundry. I can only attribute it to the colder weather we are having here - the mornings are in the upper 20's and lower 30's - around the time that they usually are door-knocking.

I glanced at the topics on the covers - just as they dropped from my hand to the trashcans... same ol' same ol'

One was about science and religion... the other about gambling.

Oh well. It made my day - removing that propaganda from circulation.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Sargon
    Sargon

I can relate Jim. I live above a laundromat and I find it convenient to pop in every once in a while to stay up to date with current Wt rubbish. Our temperature up here is floating in the minus teens and twenties, the laundromat rubbish bins are filling rapidly.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey JimTX,tossin-em out at the laundry mat is fun.Have you ever tried leaving them out with a message across the top.That works great too.Write the "Silent Lambs"web site address on them.Leave a message about the WBTS ownership of the rand camcorp(they build engines for remote planes for the Navy)The list go`s on and on.Have fun...OUTLAW

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's always a good idea to rip them in half, just to make sure those mags are well and truely dead

SS

• Sargon
    Sargon

What an excellant Idea Outlaw. I think I'll pop downstairs right now and see what mischeif I can create.

Edited by - sargon on 19 January 2003 14:45:29

Edited by - sargon on 19 January 2003 14:46:0

• Flip
    Flip

I also enjoy denying others access to, and the option of making their own decisions to scrutinize, printed material.

• wednesday
    wednesday

yes it is a good idea to rip them up, or take them with u and destroy them. Case in point-THAT is EXACTLY how my grandfather came into the "truth" He got the mags out of a trash can at work.Sort of a "back to the future " thing, i wish i could have go back and stop that. It would have changed the course of a lot of peoples lives.

I know in the years before the 80's , apostates used to leave tracts at conventions. I'll never forget coming face to face with a woman, who told me i was being brainwahsed. i wanted to talk to her, but would not have dared as that would have meant an instant JC meeting.

I know the internet is the best way now, but not everyone has access to it. Maybe we should leave tracts in laundromats.

• Ed
    Ed

lol @ Flip ...just thinking the same thing.

Nothing like a good old-fashioned book burnin'.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((Jim_TX!)))))

Way to go, Jim_TX!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm proud of ya!!!

Responsibility to the community and all that. . .

ESTEE

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I remember a post by Tina where her mother wanted a copy of the WT for the WT Study meeting. Tina obliged by giving her a copy complete with the CORRECT answers to all the questions written in the margins.

I think something like that would be a good idea for the left behind WT material. Binning it simply makes the Dubs think it's being read. If they find it's being tampered with by apostates, they may well stop altogether. Putting helpful urls on the publications will also be a positive use of one's time in field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit