How Many Have Had Elders Visit?

by Scully 26 Replies latest jw friends

• confuzcious
    confuzcious

I came into the truth fromt he world and pioneered for 9 years. I NEVER had a shepharding call. NEVER.

I don't count those, bs out in field service, "so how are you doing?" calls as shepharding. I NEVER had them come to my house.

Then I got into trouble. The first time I received an official visit was when they came to form a judicial committee.

Then I got depressed and was on the verge of suicide. My wife PLEADED with the CO to visit me on several occasions during his visit.

At the time I had a private reproof.

He NEVER came or even called.

I contacted my physical doctor. The guy called me back and treated me at no cost and gave me approximately 300 dollars worth of free medicine (Paxil).

This is how my phyisical doctor treated me. So nice.

My spiritual doctor? Deserted me.

• Princess
    Princess

After almost seven years of being out, we had an elder visit on December 22. They announced our DA on January 8.

Yippeeee!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

When the elders come to my door, I will excuse myself for a moment, light a terrible cigar , suck in, open the door, blow it in their faces and say, in a very dangerous tone, "P**s off." and quietly shut the door.

Do you think they'll just silently reprove me?

ash

• Shakita
    Shakita

My husband and I have been inactive for a little under a year now.

If, or should I say when, they try to contact us for an "official" call, we will let you know.

Mrs. Shakita

• JH
    JH

No, Nothing at all. Although they pass often near my place.

Edited by - JH on 19 January 2003 20:9:51

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Scully,I have been out for over a few decades.When I left,I did get a visit.I simply told them not to bother me again...OUTLAW

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Not I said the duck. But it's coming. I see storm clouds forming on the horizon, so I will use all my Jedi powers to keep the dark side at bay.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Not yet, but they all know where I live and I'm a likely target. Not DF'd or DA'd, just faded.

I'd really like to know if anyone has a positive experience with an elder's call. I have good reason NOT to be DA'd, because of my active Dub daughter...so that rules out the fun confrontations.

Any good advice on gentle, but effective deflection would be welcome.

Wasa

• gumby
    gumby

I've been out since 95 and NEVER had a call. If they KNOW you are an APOSTATE......they are NOT to call on you at all.

Gumby

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

I faded away in 1999 and have never been contacted by the elders, until..........

This last week when I was at the hospital, on my second day there, I got a phone call from an elder of the local congregation from the town I was in. I have never heard of this elder nor have I ever known a JW from that town! I haven't got a clue where he got my name and how he knew that I was once associated with the JW's. I was so way out of it, that when he asked if he could stop by I said YES!!!

I later realized what I had said so I requested the nurse to not allow visitors unless they were family members or my co-workers. She happily agreed and put a "Stop, See Nurse Before Entering" sign up on my door. This elder continued to stop by twice a day, and every time the nurse told him the same thing....I wasn't up to visitors whom I didn't know. He even brought in a lady with him one day. Fortunately, as she was walking in my room calling out my name (as if she knew me!), the nurse stopped her dead in her tracks and asked her to leave. I was so annoyed at their persistance! At one point, my nurse told me they were sitting in the waiting area and watched as she left my room. The nerve to keep coming around when I was so ill and unable to communicate well after being told I was not up to having visitors. This kind of creeped me out!

It makes me wonder why after all these years, they find me during my weakest moments and start to harass me. Perhaps they wanted to snoop and see if I was taking a blood transfusion? I don't know.....but I found it very very strange!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit