How Many Have Had Elders Visit?

by Scully 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

Just out of curiosity, now that it's been 6 weeks since we had our visit from the elders....

How many of us have been called on by the elders?? What have been the results of the visit?

Love, Scully

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

After the visit in which it was decided that I would be DF'd? No visits. I left the country. But when I was still wondering what I would do, I sent them a letter asking some hard questions. They didn't respond. When I asked my sister to look into it months later, she said they told her it was because I "sounded argumentative." More likely, they didn't have any answers for me.

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Hello Scully

We had stopped attending meetings for about a year, before we were approached by my step father (now an elder, then a MS) about having a sheparding call, from an Elder we dispised (as did the whole cong). We told my step father not to bother as it had been left too long and our dissatisfaction was on deep doctrinal issues. That would have to be about 8 years ago and we have never heard since. We dont even get them calling in when their on field service in our area. Interstingly we where constantly called on during this 12 month period of inactivity, to refresh and relieve themselves......

We have not disassociated ourselves or been disfellowshiped (to our knowlegde), but that doesnt seem to get in their way of shunning us. Out of interest our family consists of 1 Elder, 1 MS, 1 Reg pioneer, 3 sisters in good standing and 1 brother in good standing and then their is US..... He has since joined the military (which hasnt been announced in our old cong) and I go to uni - both very bad, bad bad people.... did I tell you we are BAD!!!!

Curious Mind

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

After I was DF, none.

But I have run into some elders, esp. when my grandma was sick, cause they visited her for comfort.... When I was there, the elders would very much ignore me, which resulted in my grandma and mum [both JW] commenting on how inpolite they acted, lol.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    and I go to uni

that is shoooo bad! Did anyone ever tell you that? You are supposed to leave your brains at the door on the way in to the KH.

Back in the day the elders were calling on me demanding I study the united book I simply told them not to call me, I will call you when I want to study. I never did call...instead I eventually disassociated. But until I told them they would call regular, I could never have faded, it surprises me that people dont get called on regular. I used to get phone calls every single day of the R&F and at least twice weekly from the elders until I told them to wait for me to call them.

Brummie

• Perry
    Perry

An elder stopped by my store a few weeks ago. We chatted about business. He seemed a little uncomfortable that I was so willing to help him market his new idea; which btw he never told me what it was.....much too secret. He asked me to step outside out of ear shot of employees and asked if there was anything he should know about. Keep in mind, I have had zero contact since 1995. I looked at him a little puzzled and said that I didn't think so.

He then asked if someone had offended me? I said no, and that I was happy. He said that he understood because I was probabably too busy to attend the KH. I said no, I wasn't too busy; I just quit going. He then looked a little scared and asked if another congregation had taken some action against me that he should know about. I said no, I just quit.....that's all. He looked beyond perplexed and asked....why?

I grinningly said that answer would generate far more questions than answers and would take far more time to answer than I had time for that day. But, I invited him to call me with some notice next time and I would tell him. (All this while I usher him back into the small store).

I then busied myself asking my assistant to copy some international business literature and copy some manufacturing representatives that I know are trustworthy overseas. He seemed very uncomfortable with me helping him. I gave him the literature and told him, I'd like to call back on him to find out if it was useful. He agreed and slowly walked out the door looking perplexed trying to figure out how he lost control of the visit.

It was fun.

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

Yeah Im twice as bad, coz I have one degree and almost finished another......

Curious MInd

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

No visit for me yet....But is has been 15 years since i even set foot in a KH.......My dad is even an elder...I guess no one is worried about my salvation......

Lisa

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

Scully,

One Elder called 2 weeks ago asking to set up a meeting, I agreed, then changed my mind and cancelled. Mailed a letter a few days ago (I consider this particular elder somewhat of a friend, as much as this is possible) apologizing for having cancelled at the last minute, and explaining that we have simply left. I pointed out that this was NOT a DA letter. The next move is up to them.

FreeFallin

• minimus
    minimus

Perry, I enjoyed how you set up your next return visit...very clever! Doesn't it just make you laugh when you think how important these elders think that they are? "Is there something you want to tell ME?" "Is there anything I should know about?"....It's tough for these poor elders that have the mission of saving so many lives and also try to make money in this wicked system!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit