We beat our rivals bad

by LB 12 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

My highschool varsity boys kicked the crap out of a team that we can't stand tonight. It felt so darn good. In the past when our team was down they would run up the score and laugh it up. We didn't run it up and I did put in my second and third string players but we still beat them 62-36. That felt so darn good.

• auntiem
    auntiem

Congrats LB!!! WTG Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who did they play against?

• LB
    LB

Actually we're the Loggers. I coach up in Butte Falls, not in Eagle Point but thank you.

We beat Paisley who has owned us the past couple of years. I won't sleep a minute tonight. Maybe I should prepare my watchtower??????

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

That is great LB,,,,,,,, I know the feeling. You know our football season was really bad ,,, the boys did their best but they were so outnumbered and a young team of mostly freshmans.

Last nite we went to the basketball game and the school that stomped our butts in football a couple of months ago,,,,, literally got their butts stomped by our school...... score ......68-33, something close to that.. This is the school that has the toughest football team in our area.

The people were coming off the bleachers when our team slammed dunked on these guys.

The girls from our school,, played first and they had a fist fight and both sides, both girls had to sit out for awhile. It was kind of funny to see these girls who play basketball throw down right there on the court. The mothers of both girls almost got into it, which was not cool.And the coach's and ref's were into it. Honestly I saw the whole thing happen two feet in front of me, and the girl from the other school , kicked the girl from our school while she was down on the ground.

I have to say the boys acted alot better, and didnt even come close to having attitude or getting upset at all.

It was nice for our little school to beat the big school that our boys were literally terrified to play in football. This school just recently was brought down in catogory to even play our school,,,, they have 3 times as many players than we did.

Winning was great to see ,,,,,,, even thou our son didnt play basketball this year. He is starting next Tuesday baseball for the first time in his life....... this should be interesting,,,,,keep ya posted.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

L.B....

A day to remember. Glad to see you having some fun and your team kicking some a**.....memories to last a lifetime, they're the best! Congrats.

• LB
    LB

These are great memories. I have a very focused group of boys. Our preseason was all against larger schools in the larger school divisions. We lost against a couple of those. But tonight in the locker room after the game I told them they will win state this year if they stat committed. I have 7 seniors on the team and for them this is their last shot. We came up short last season.

They are so pumped it's scary. When they were showering I went up into the stands, where all the fans remained, also pumped. We chould hear them shouting down below in the locker room. I got lots of pats on the back. Everyone wanted me over to their home. I begged off so as not to dissapoint anyone. I also reminded the fans that we aren't done yet. The big with is in March, at state.

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Nice work, LB. I love it when people can still win with dignity. Nice that everyone got a chance to play. I'm from the old school where winning and losing with dignity meant something. I think it builds better character. It's more fun to win with dignity than to lose, though.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Congrats, LB. Keep us posted.

• Solace
    Solace

Yeee haaa!

You get em' Cowboy!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Yeeeeehaaa !!!! Way to go LB !!! That must have been alot of fun to watch !!! Having played sports in high school I remember the feeling when we'd beat our biggest rivals- it was great!!!

Great Job!!!!

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit