Colder than a witches.....

by ashitaka 45 Replies latest jw friends

• aarque
    aarque

Here in the Adirondacks our high temp will be 0 F for the next few days. Right now it's snowing...again. One good thing about all this snow...it doesn't make any noise when it falls...

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

It has been cold to me this winter. But the nice thing about Louisiana,,,,,,, one of the few things.. is that we do get a different forecast every other day. One day it was sunny, and 74 degrees, this was last week,,,,,,,,, then 2 days later it was down to 26 at night. I hate cold and would die if i had to live up north. I barely can move when the weather gets under 50 degrees here.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Yumby:

What a cool little cabin! I live in a log cabin, too. Aren't they the greatest? Ours doesn't have eat on one side, but we have a nice big wood stove that keeps it warm.. not to mention it doesn't get *too cold* down in Texas for very long.. maybe 4-5 days per year. Do you heat yours with a wood stove? Are you building it yourself? Do you not have a well or access to public water?

Country Girl

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

I live deep in the woods too........but NOT in a cabin! How do you guys do it? We have a furnace, woodstove running water and indoor plumbing! LOL.....anything less would be unbearable for me!

I too am looking forward to Springtime weather. Damn cold here in Northern MN w/no snow! We can skip the rest of winter and head right into summer if you ask me!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I'm so glad I don't live in Sconey or Minnesota......freeze my jewels off there.

Today was equally frigid.....I decided to have another cigar and take a walk (Buttera), and it was a little better than yesterday, but my car is starting to run like garbage...this winter is really taking a toll.

This afternoon is the NFC Champoinship...and it's damn cold!!!!!!! Eat your heart out, Bucs fans!!!!

With an Eagles win, and me filled with Guinness, it doesn't matter how cold it is....this Sunday will be great anyways.

ash

• yumbby
    yumbby

Country Girl,

There are some nice things about the cabin, but more bad than good for me right now... I'm thoroughly worn out, working full time almost an hour drive away, I really dont' have the time or energy to devote to all the work it takes. We have a wood stove, but it doesn't seem to keep it warm enough, not to mention setting the alarm every three hours in the night to add more wood. But its free rent right now and I can't afford to move. I hate the complainer that I have become, because it seems like that is all I do anymore. Sorry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit