Colder than a witches.....

by ashitaka 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Frank,

I like Rilke because he is the only writer who talks about God, and I automatically don't feel like vomiting. I love his stuff. The Stephen Mitchell translations are the best.

ash

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Florida is having it's own deep freeze today. I think the weather station said this was our coldest day so far this year: 18 degrees above this morning. It's now 36 and expected to be 23 in the morning. I would definitely say winter is here!

• Prisca
    Prisca

Well, it was 95 degrees here yesterday!!!

Prisca, living in the Southern Hemisphere class

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

We all got our hineys a little chilled here in Texas last night, too. Got down to 21F. Pretty cold for us Southpaws! I sure as hell feel for you guys up in the clear great North.. whew! -40 below!? Course, we got steamin summers to look forward to.. bleck.

CG

• yumbby
    yumbby

Its really really cold here, our water is frozen so I've been outside chipping at it and running inside to warm my hands over the wood stove. ahhh, to have running water and central heat and air again, I"d give almost anything! Screw this old time living...

• target
    target

Ahhh, the valley of the sun, Phoenix, Arizona. It is in the 70s. I do not miss Wisconsin one bit. Never want to see ice and snow again!

Millie

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Yumber

R U living in that Pioneer house on TV?????LOL

Where do you live that you don't have heat? R U living in a cabin?

Even though I long for more space, a small apartment does just fine in foul weather. Central Air/Heat is a beautiful thing......its practically tropical in the apartment right now80 degrees.

Now, I'm reading comic books....I bought some wonderful old Spidey's today...great condition. Also bought some Silver Surfer....brings back memories.

Also, I saw Signs again....liking that flick more and more.

What are the rest of you people doing? I think we've established it's balls cold everywhere except Austrailia.

ash

• flower
    flower

supposed to go down to 2 degrees tonight and a high of 28 tomorrow. brrrrrrrr

• yumbby
    yumbby

I DO live in a cabin! Heres a pic... See the white van? We haul water in it, so I go put a heater or candles in it, when the water freezes!

the kitchen...

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Every Winter I say "Where's the &$*#$&^ global warming they keep promising??????"

Valis, your post reminds me of when I was a kid. If I left anything on my plate my mother would say things about "the starving kids in India". The guilt she tried to induce was not going to either change the fact of starvation in India or that I was simply not hungry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit