Any ideas?

by AnotherEscapee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Hey everyone, thanks for your suggestions.

Gizmo - bl**dy hell, I can't believe that book. That information is so useful. I've been writing to them for weeks and they ignore my requests for more information etc, everytime - no wonder. They must of been horrified when I said I wanted someone with me who could takes notes and support me, I wish I could've seen there faces when they read my 6 page letter but now I'm thinking they probably didn't understand it.

Francois - you are absolutely right. I think I'll continue writing and quoting their own book. Then when I've run out fuel and it looks like they will have a judicial meeting anyway, I'll do what you suggest and just someone with me. Unfortunately, I don't have my own home right now but I'm sure I can come up with something.

Rayzorblade - I'm just rushing up the shops for a tape recorder.

I'm looking forward to the battle - the woman they knew 2 1/2 years ago has long gone they're in for a shock!

• Shakita
    Shakita
    I doubt the media would be interested in covering this, it's not sensational enough to cover

You're right, Gizmo. BUT, how about the editorial section of the newspaper. You know, the one that covers area news and complaints, from snow removal to annoying people who wake you up selling magazines door to door! I know in our local newspaper there is one of these where people can call in a local complaint and they will publish it in the paper. It is worth a try. Even if it reaches just a hand full of people, it could have a ripple down effect in the local community.

If they come a-hunting at my house, this is something I might consider.

Mrs. Shakita

• Francois
    Francois

Rayzor Blade, thanks so much for your kind comment.

The reason I think this will work is because this is exactly what I did and got no resistance from them, even the tape recorder part. They didn't like it, but they didn't have any alternatives.

See, these guys are used to people rolling over and playing dead for them. When someone shows up with an actual spine, these yo-yos don't know what to do next and the society can't help them out because the society doesn't know what to do with independant, spine-installed persons.

francois

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

AE,

My pleasure, I'm so glad you found the information useful, anything I can do to help get you a fair hearing (cough, cough).

Sad thing is if they have it in for someone, they always find a way around their own rules, and even if it's appealed, the other committee always takes the first committees side.

Take whomever you want along as a character witness, and shove their own rules at them when they cry foul..but stay cool, as the scripture says it's like pouring hot coals on their heads, when you play the game right..and a tape recorder is a good idea, but I would take a small one hidden and switched on, they are more prone to speak freely when they don't know they are being recorded I did that once with an elder 20 or so years ago, still have the tape...lol...and he doesn't have a clue!

hehehehe

again all the best!!

Edited by - gizmo on 18 January 2003 20:23:42

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Shakita

BUT, how about the editorial section of the newspaper. You know, the one that covers area news and complaints,
    Sorry i missed that when i was replying, I never would've of thought of that excellent idea, I will keep it in my memory banks (cobwebs brushed aside) for future reference. Cheers.
  • funkyderek
    funkyderek

I agree with the idea of bringing a friend and/or tape recorder. If they say it's against the rules, ask them to give you a written copy of the rules so that you have a fair chance. If they refuse, threaten legal action and adverse publicity.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I would request an outside committee first of all. You can call the Branch Judicial desk, and explain that you'd like a new committee and why (Your Husband is an elder in this congregation I'm presuming?). Tell them you will feel uncomfortable with these men and you don't feel you can open up to them. It's a conflict of interest. Also, explain to them that you wish to bring a witness in your defense. You also need to know what the meeting is in reference to. How can you possibly defend yourself if you have no idea what they want? When I was DF, I called the Judicial Desk, and they informed the Elders to inform me of the specifics of the meeting, although they wouldn't inform me of the witnesses they had. After recording the conversation, go straight to the Newspaper. Or do that beforehand and bring the reporter with you to the meeting.

Listen to the Lambs Roar! The 'Other Sheep' are Silent No More! LambsRoar.org Abuse Survivors FOR Abuse Survivors

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((AnotherEscapee)))))

meet on Friday to finalise the matter!

LOL!!! with me, there was a phone message, We have scheduled a meeting to conclude this matter. I knew they had judged me before I ever had a chance to speak! So I did a no show for their kangaroo court.

They disfellowshipped me. They have no power over me. . .any more!

It feels healthy to let go of all their jw-isms.

You are loved here!!!

ESTEE

• Valis
    Valis

You could also approach your local newspaper and let them know you would like to write a story about your JC meeting and all the events/consequences surrounding it. That way you get them out in the open and they get bad PR...might also be a bit cathartic for you....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

If I had it to do all over again, I'd DA myself by way of a letter in the local paper.

Listen to the Lambs Roar! The 'Other Sheep' are Silent No More! LambsRoar.org Abuse Survivors FOR Abuse Survivors

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit