Any ideas?

by AnotherEscapee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• AnotherEscapee
    AnotherEscapee

Good morning to you all,

So my only bit of post this morning is a letter from the elders, i've been doing battle with them for a few weeks over arrangements for a judicial committee. Well, anyway as expected they "will not enter into any correspondence" nor will they allow a friend to attend the meeting with me but they will meet on Friday to finalise the matter! How loving and caring they are. They had not shown any interest in me for over two and a half years and then suddenly I get notice of a judicial committee, funny that, just when I hear from my elder husband who I've been separated from for the same amount of time, wants a divorce.

Well, anyway, I really would like to p**s 'em off well and truly. I know they fear any adverse publicity or being threatened with solicitors so does anyone know of who I could contact either in the media or of any solicitors that may be prepared to look into this. I'm not overly hopeful on the legal front but if i can find even the smallest niche then i'm prepared to give it a try. I absolutely refuse to be bullied by these men representing an evil organisation any longer.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Ok, after two and half years they want a meeting, why? Does your husband have scriptural grounds for a divorce? Do you have two issues here or does the meeting have to do with your husband seeking a divorce? What matter do they have to finalise on Friday, your not being cooperative to a set date for a meeting or them setting a date for you to attend their meeting?

Guest 77

• Debz
    Debz

Hi AE

Good for you doing something about it publicly ....if it were me I would contact my local papers...and stir it really up....if you get a good reporter that you can talk to they will handle it very well in your favour.

nor will they allow a friend to attend the meeting with me

thats terrible.....and we know why don`t we...may have to hide someone or wear taped wires.....could make it quite a `fun` experience, bit like undercover cult busting stuff....Good Luck with it!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Hi there. You know, as I read your post, it brought back memories for me. Albeit not exactly for the same reasons, but still, memorable enough.

It's always one-sided isn't it? For your own protection of word, dignity and honour, of course, the elders do not want you to have a person present at this meeting convenient for them.

Here's an idea, and I may get some flack, but that's OK, they'll have your interest at heart, but I do too, but not sure of the ramifications.

If you have a purse or handbag; do you have a small hand held recording device?

I've done that once, about 12 years ago with a stalker type. Recorded their conversation. It worked like a charm. Don't know if this is possible, but it'd have to be small enough to fit in a closed compartment and be quiet. The one I used, was painfully quiet, and when it clicked off, no one noticed.

Played it back: it was all there!

Just an idea. But it'd be neat to record their words etc., and have it for future reference. That way, it's 100% truth - and you know what I mean by that .

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

"Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock "

WATCH TOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY OF PENNSYLVANIA

Elders reference book

HOLD your Horses AnotherEcapee

Read the following before you see anyone... Elders have certain rules they must follow as outlined below, most of which the R&F aren't aware exist!

UNIT 5 (b)

Handling Judicial Cases

Do not send an individual any kind of correspondence
    that directly accuses him of specific wrongdoing.

It is best for two elders to speak with the indlvidual and
    invite him to meet with the Judicial committee.

Suitable arrangements should be made as to the time
    and place of the hearing.

State what the person's course of action is supposed to
    have been.

If it is necessary to send a written invitation, you should
    simply state what the individual's course is alleged to have
    been, the time and place of the hearing, and how the
    person can contact the chairman if the arrangements are
    inconvenient for him.

If the accused wishes to bring witnesses who can speak
    in his defense regarding the matter, he may do so.

However, observers are not permitted.

No tape-recording devices are allowed

If the accused reeatedly fails to come to the hearing,
    the committee will proceed with the hearing but will not

make a decision until evidence and any testimony by
    witnesses are considered.

The committee should not take action against a person
    unless the evidence clearly proves this necessary.

Failure to appear before the committee is not in itself
    proof of guilt.

Why does your Elder Hubby want this now? Are their scriptual grounds for Divorce?

• Francois
    Francois

Let's keep one thing firmly in mind: The WTBTS nor the elders that represent it have any, ANY, legal power over you. They have power over you just to the extent that you are willing to give power to them. You can't be walked on unless you lie down first.

If you want to take an observer, take one. What are they going to do about it? Hold you in contempt of a judicial committee and put you in jail? They are powerless to prevent you unless you give them the power.

If you want to take a tape recorder, take one. A big one that they can easily see. You have nothing to hide. Again, same question: What are they going to do about it?

You don't want to meet them in the Kingdom Hall, in the lion's den? Refuse to meet them anywhere but in your own home, where YOU have the psychological advantage. Arrange the chairs so that the sun shines in their eyes; or set up lighting that shines in their eyes and refuse to change it even if asked to do so. Give them a dose of their own medicine.

You CAN do all that I'm suggesting here. I did it myself, and I assure you it was great fun and the highlight of my "ministry."

These men who comprise the body of elders are just and only that: men, unlettered men most likely. They are not lawyers, nor do their demands carry with them the force and effect of law.

You have called them, essentially, evil bullies. Treat them as such. I guarantee they will act just like the bullies they are: when resisted, bullies cave in.

Remember, "non carborundum illigitimi" - don't let the bastards rub you the wrong way. I for one will be bouncing up and down on one foot waiting to hear what you did to them.

Best,
    francois

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Francois, well put, kudos to you for a fine post.

Agreed!

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Problem with your suggestion francois, is that it's what they would hope and expect her to do, that is be proud and arrogant, so they could get her on a trumpt up charge of not being co-operative, that is if whatever she has been called in for can't be proven. The reason I posted the details of the procedure is so it can help her get an idea what elders have to comply with.

But, AE it's up to you how you decide to handle it, depending on what you wish the result to be, hey have fun.

I doubt the media would be interested in covering this, it's not sensational enough to cover.

Good Luck

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Show up with your lawyer. That's what I'd do.

~Witch

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Why be subjected to their Nazi interrogation tactics? They have absolutely ZERO power over you girl! If you are trying to preserve your "status" of just being "gone" and not DFd or DAd...then chances are good they will do this to you anyway...so why not have some fun at THEIR expense. Arrange for a meeting and do what was suggested ...BRING whomever you damn well please, DONT dress for the occasion, and DO bring a big honker recording device. Their rules are to protect THEIR interests and if this is the TRUTH....and they are going according to Jehovahs PROVISIONS...then what do they have to hide that they cannot say on TAPE in front of witnesses?? Turn their spiritual WARFARE around on their sorry asses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit