Society's damage limitation article.

by dmouse 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Reading that paragraph gave me that feeling, where you start to remember what it was like trapped in the org, brianwashed... "thank God I'm out!!!"

• waiting
    waiting

The Watchtower for March 1 2003. Study article Be Courageous and Strong!

Paragraph 6:

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad reports about God's servants or when they try to restrict true worship by 'scheming trouble by decree' (Psalm 94:20)

Notice - the WT didn't say "false reports about God's servants" ------just "bad reports." BIG difference.

For example, how should we feel when newspapers, radio, or television reports about Jehovahs Witnesses are distortions or outright falsehoods? Should we be shocked? No. We expect such things.

If the WT cries "outright falsehoods" - as been brought out, why NOT sue for slander, defamation of character? The WT has "gone before the Supreme Court" for it's "religious freedoms" more times "than any other religion." So why aren't they suing the ass off all these newspapers, reporters, TV shows, Connie Chung, etc. for the terrible "falsehoods?"

And we are not surprised when some believe the published lies and distortions, since 'anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word' (Proverbs 14:15)

Now, THAT one was good! Insinuating that "some believe" (worldly or jw's) and tying this to "anyone inexperienced". So......if one believes what they read - they're proving they're inexperienced. Besides, being "inexperienced" doesn't prove anything. One can be quite inexperienced and quite right. And who said the "some" believed "every word?"

Still, loyal Christians refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers,
    Surely not believing "just any statement made about their brothers." How about police reports, government reports, newspapers, Court Trial manuscripts, respected news reporters........in MANY different countries.
    and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian meetings, to slow down in the field ministry, or to waver in their faith. On the contrary, they 'recommend [themselves] as Gods ministers'

Absolutely Not!!!!! Notice the WT didn't say false publicity.....only bad publicity. So even if the WT does get caught in lies, breaking the law, covering over the raping of children.....don't miss the meetings, go out in service!

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Truly only those completely devoid of the ability to think for themselves remain. To any critically thinking individual, the writers in Brooklyn crucify themselves by virtue of their own comments/suggestions in the JW literature.

For example, so as to stereotype any and all individuals who dare believe any criticism of the WT, they say:

since 'anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word' (Proverbs 14:15)

[bold mine for emphasis]

just like the loyal rank & file Dubs are to unequivocally believe all information and direction that comes from the Watchtower Society?

Give me a break. I feel no pity for any person who still believes in the WT babble. In the Information Age where all have the opportunity to further their education via a college education or the Internet, there is no excuse.

Edited by - Reborn2002 on 18 January 2003 18:48:36

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

Waiting...thanks for pointing out those missed highlights!...

That is a form of psychology by saying things the way they did...I hate it when they play psychology tricks!.The "Inexperienced " won't know what hit them!

I knew of someone that did this to people as a game!. That is one of the lowest forms of human kind in my opinion!. WBTS included!. They asked the questions in such a way that you (example) would be "inexperienced" if you believed anyone but them!...What they don't realize is that ...Somethings are better to be inexperienced at ...!

They are

"Experienced liars"

"Experienced Pedophiles"

"Experienced Manipulators"

"Experienced Money collectors"

"Experienced Family Dividers"

The list goes on!

Glad I'm inexperienced!

Snoozy.....

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

I hope every individual in the media that has ever done anything on the JW molest scandal gets a scanned copy of this Branch-Davidian like lunacy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit