Society's damage limitation article.

by dmouse 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

So if I understand well,

Bad publicity is OK for Catholics, but not OK for JW's.

Edited by - JH on 18 January 2003 11:56:7

• Shakita
    Shakita

freedom96 said:

I can see so many in the hall just sitting there nodding their heads while reading this.

Remember, they absolutely LOVE persecution. It proves to them that they are following in Jesus footsteps. The more persecution, the better. They feed off it.

I remember after every CO's visit, the vote in the meeting to pay for his expenses while visiting the congregation. The elder from the platform would ask to second the motion, and then asked the cong. if anyone was against it.............like anyone was going to raise their hand and say...."NO, I don't think we should." Duh!

Mrs. Shakita

• neyank
    neyank

." It means we are pleasing Jehovah and will receive a reward"

This is kind of like the mentality of terorists.

Just change the name Jehovah for Allah and you have the same outlook.

neyank

BTW. Neither group is really worshipping God.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The only reward any dub has ever recieved is,a wasted life and a 6ft deep grave..Quite a pay-off for peddling bullshit magazines,and threating peoples lives...OUTLAW

• Scully
    Scully

Let's see....

How many celebrites have sued scandal rags for making libellous statements and WON their case?? Lots of them, right??

There are legal precedents that show that the WTS could come into LOTS of money if they sued journalists for making "slanderous" reports about JWs. So, if they are so interested in money - which we know they are - why the hell are they not suing??

The main reason somebody would not sue over defamatory statements made in the media is simple - the statements are true and can be proven, and they have been advised to keep quiet on the matter and hope it will disappear. Journalists - serious ones at least - know that they have to cover their butts before making any written statement about anything that could be construed as defamatory against anyone.

The WTS knows full well that they haven't got a leg to stand on.

Love, Scully

• TR
    TR
    Still, loyal Christians refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers, and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian meetings, to slow down in the field ministry, or to waver in their faith. On the contrary, they 'recommend [themselves] as Gods ministers'...

In other words,

Still, loyal Christians brainwashed 'hovahs refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers, and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian 'hovah meetings, to slow down in the field ministry, or to waver in their faith.(Uh, yes they do!) On the contrary, they 'recommend [themselves] as God's WTS's ministers'...

TR

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    It means we are pleasing Jehovah and will receive a reward.

There's a good puppy. Now, sit -- stay -- what a good girl! Here's a biscuit.

Nina

• zev
    zev
    if anyone was against it.............like anyone was going to raise their hand and say...."NO, I don't think we should."

I did!

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Right on Scully! With their well-oiled legal department they'd have a field day in court if all the stories against them were false. Obviously they can't bring suit against the reports of child abuse and their involvement with the UN so they lie to their faithful, blinded readers and intimidate them into not asking questions.

I was curious about whether or not the WTS would sue Dateline after the report was televised and there was not a word about the WTS bringing suit for slander and libel.

• Robdar
    Robdar

You know, it seems like no matter what REALLY happens, the WTBTS seem to cover every angle... TV/Radio/Newsprint - when presented back to them, they seem to have 'an answer for everything'.

Yep, it's easy to cover all your angles when you don't mind lying, er I mean, using "theocratic warfare" (yeah, that's what it is. Theocratic warfare )

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit