Guardian of Doctrine Admits 'Doesn't Really Matter If Jehovah is Accurate' say it how you want...

by LostGeneration 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

I'm no spring chicken , but I wasn't alive when Victoria was on the throne !.What was she like ?

Good points Steve2 and OLG

Jan

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

It's puzzling that Watchtower would go with the popular pronunciation of the Divine name instead of the more correct one, but at the same time make a big deal out of something that doesn't matter at all, like whether Jesus died on a cross or stake.

Actually it's not that puzzling. Watchtower simply focuses on what they want people to think is important, but when a contradiction is pointed out on another topic they say that one doesn't matter.

It's pure manipulation of people's thinking I suppose.

• Stealth
    Stealth

They can't switch to Yahweh Witnesses because YW.ORG domain was already taken.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Guardian of Doctrine Admits 'Doesn't Really Matter If Jehovah is Accurate' say it how you want...

Another funny point is at 10:15 where he explains the name Jehovah has a "looooooong history" you know, all the way back to about 1530.

The name Jehovah goes back to the 13th century..

.........................The WBT$ GB "Rock Star Popes" Are..

...................................."GUARDIANS OF STUPID"..

Image result for Stupid superheroes.Image result for Stupid superheroes

........................Image result for Stupid superheroes

• steve2
    steve2

Culturally, it is often viewed as impudent to address a parent or elder by their first name which is likely why the Jews view the Divine name as too sacred to utter. At least they're consistent in their view.

Then a bunch of 19th century gung-ho religious Americans come along, announcing they are the new Divine mouthpiece, and within decades are sprinkling "Jehovah" everywhere like candy at a kid's party. "We are not like the churches of Christendom - we are champions of Biblical truth". How hollow the sound of unwarranted self-righteousness.

They say it is all about making His name known and helping to vindicate that name. Okay then, why not use the name that the weight of scholarly evidence indicates is more accurate than the English corruption of the Divine name?

That said, even when Jesus is quoted as saying what is now called "The Lord's Prayer", he does not use the name of God, but says, "Our Father, let your name be sanctified..."

If Jesus were a modern-day Jehovah's Witness, he would have said, "Jehovah God, let your name be sanctified..."

JW organization's "spirituality" is all hogwash and dishwater and is a health hazard. Their pool of "truth" needs immediate emptying.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ jhine...

LOL, sorry, meant Elizabeth.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Vidiot- I know what you mean about using the name Jehovah, I was never comfortable with it. I always thought there must be something wrong with me because other brothers and sisters would liberally pepper their conversations and prayers with "Jehovah this..Jehovah that..." as a sign of their superior spirituality.

There was even one sister who told me proudly "me and Jehovah are like that" as she made the entwined fingers sign for closeness.

I used to wonder why Jesus didn't use the name in the model prayer.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I'm gonna keep saying desert god until it becomes popular
  • jhine
    jhine

Vidiot , on behalf of Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2 , I accept your apology .

Jan

• campaign of hate
    campaign of hate

So if i start addressing Jehovah as Yahweh at meetings and it's not going to matter....

Yeah, thought not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit