Williams fined for obscenity

by barry 17 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

The Australian daily telegragh on 17th Jan has an artical on Serena Williams and goes on to say. Top speed Serena Williams clains she has no memory of swearing during her tight Australian Open first round match despite being fined $2500 for the offence yesterday. Williams was fined for an 'audible obscenity ' while she came back from a set downto overcome Emilie Loit, of France , on Tuesday. "I dont remember that ' Williams said.
    The editorial then goes on. Well Ill certainly be wary next time there is a knock on the door. It could be a Jehovahs Witness ready to give me a gobful.
    And a pretty foul gobful at that. Open this ...ing door m.....and read this stuff about God or Ill punch your.....ing lights out.
    The JWs used to be earnest but boring. But now we get the Serena Williams version . The artical goes on
    Barry

• LB
    LB

well well well, imagine that. If she were baptized it would be the backroom for sure...

or would it

• Satanus
    Satanus

Me and my curiosity. I'ld like to know the words explicitly that she used. First and last letters would do.

SS

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Doesn't count. There were not two baptized Jehovah's Witnesses (in good standing) who heard it. Therefore this article is slanderous and if the author were a Witness he ought to be DF'd for lying!

• heathen
    heathen

Well all I can say is if she called the officials a bunch of arrogant dip f@#ks I am with her on that and probly guys like mcenroe are dying of histerics .lol

• ring
    ring

oh well.....i cant hold it against anyone swearing about the french

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

TENNIS: Serena's double warning - Advertiser 14th Jan 2003
    15jan03

SHAKY top seed Serena Williams copped two warnings during her tense centre court escape to barely stay alive in the Australian Open yesterday.

A linesman dobbed her in to the woman chair umpire for swearing during the second set frustrations over the dogged resistance of French left-hander Emilie Loit.

And the other warning was none-too-subtle either following the eventual 3-6, 7-6 (7-5), 7-5 first round win that the world No. 1 won't want to tempt fate with such an error-riddled start against opponents ranked closer to her lofty perch.

I read it somewhere that it started with a 'f' and ended with a 'k'..... add a 'ed' and thats how she played all right!!

• barry
    barry

I forgot to mention at the top of the page the heading in half inch size is 'A lady who swears by her Christianity' also I think the word starts with an F and ends with ing. Barry

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Here's the Actual Article wriiten by Jeff Wells

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Swearing comes with the territory in competitive sports,so doesn't cheating, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. How about our personal lives, how many are guilt free?

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit