Anyone seen Jan 8 Awake!

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Back to the pictures............ya know, it's really odd.

Look at the 1908-27 Ford Model T (first page) It has a background around it and the caption "Background: Ford production line."

Look across the page and you will see the 1930-7 Cadillac V16 7.4-L with Rutherford & building for background. But nothing is said about the man or background.....and he's the only person in all the pictures.

Audacity, sense of humor, or stupidity. Or the presumption of stupidity & ignorance in their readers' comprehension.

waiting

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

I think that only us apostates would realize that its Rutherford and the signifigance of the car. Frankly, witnesses know the least about their own religion.

• Preston
    Preston

It's just a picture of him standing with a car in view. It doesn't mean that it's his.....

• waiting
    waiting

lol Preston!

It's just a picture of him standing with a car in view. It doesn't mean that it's his..... - preston

That's true. Now, this is what my elder brother-in-law just told my husband:

1. There are lots of millionaire jw's. They buy their own Cadillacs.

2. Maybe he had the Cadillac BEFORE going to Bethel.

3. The scriptures don't say we can't drive Cadillacs.

And then he went home, got out his magnifying glass and the idiot called my husband back. After looking intently at this picture under great magnification, it can be deduced that the man behind the Cadillac has a moustache & goatee, both white......therefore, (according to him) this is NOT a picture of Rutherford, like I cared that much.

RANDY/DOGPATCH!

How do you KNOW this is a picture of Rutherford? My elder brother-in-law says your uppidy apostate ass is wrong. Btw, he didn't say apostate ass, but I could tell the smug SOB with his magnifying glass wanted to say that. Magnifying glass.....scheezzzz - like there's nothing better to do on Saturday afternoon!

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 18 January 2003 18:0:5

• LDH
    LDH
    3. The scriptures don't say we can't drive Cadillacs.

And you *KNOW* this is how JWs rationalize.

I am freaking Laughing My Arse Off.

Lisa

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

That is so weird. Does it say in the magazine his name? Just curious, since i havent read one in a while..... I didnt read the proclaimers book, because I always thought it was a big waste of time, but wasnt he rich already before getting associated with the WT???? I forgot everything already..... Good thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• waiting
    waiting

*cough* ............Randy..............under "Members" listing..........you have now started "666" threads.

A coincidence? I'll leave that up to my JW Elder brother-in-law's interpretation of the scriptures.

As for Rutherford and his Cadillacs - it was posted by Randy that he had two of them, one in New York and one at Beth Sarim.

No, there's nothing wrong with having a big ol' Cadillac when the vast majority of your followers are squat broke.

No, there's nothing wrong with having a big ol' cigar hanging out of your mouth in a lot of the pictures showing the President of the God's Only Channel to Mankind.

No, there's nothing wrong with bootlegging whiskey into America during the Prohibition......well, actually, that was against the law, eh?

My point being.....as we were taught - "Many things are lawful according to the Scriptures. But are they upbuilding to our brothers and sisters?" How many times were there articles in the WT & Awake saying that even IF we had the money - to buy clothes, homes, cars, etc., with modesty in mind - so that we might not offend our brothers who don't have the money that we might have.

As JW's - we followed the lead in the WT in looking down our noses at preachers who wore diamonds and drove the long black Cadillacs - "OUR elders certainly were shepherds....not sheep shearers, eh?" We also held in disdain the Catholic Church Bishops, Cardinals, Pope....because of the flaunting of wealth by them. "We are ALL brothers."

Well, the WTBTS is probably no better - no worse than any other religion. But as a JW - that's saying a hell of a lot. We were taught we were The Best - The Only Truth Faith - and all other religions were Fathered By Satan.

waiting

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Q: Why did they use all of these pics of Rutherford?

A: Simple, so they would not have to pay any royalties by using photos taken by someone else.

• homejah
    homejah

I had seen that photo myself Dogpatch. I e-mailed you and pleased you asked the members of this site for a photo from that Awake issue.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

None of the images are showing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit