Anyone seen Jan 8 Awake!

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The January 8, 2003 Awake! has a picture of Rutherford standing near the back of his 16 cylinder Cadillac. Anyone able to scan the picture and put it up? There are other similar pictures but this is apprently the first time they have used this one. Or you can email it to me at [email protected].

Thanks!

This car (he had two, one in Beth-Sarim and one in New York) cost $4000 - $5000 when cars sold for $hundreds.

Randy Watters

Net Soup!

http://www.freeminds.org

• SexKitten
    SexKitten

I've just had to risk the wrath of Prisca and use my wife's account to post this  (Stephanus here)
    I have a much larger version of the pic from the original scan if you need it Randy - email me if you do.
    [email protected]
  • LDH
    LDH

FREAKIN LOL!!!!!

Lisa

• waiting
    waiting

I have that Awake in front of me - pages 22-25. Yes indeedy..........that would seem to be a picture of the WTBTS President Rutherford with his Cadillac.

Btw, that's the ONLY person shown on 4 pages - yet 16 cars are shown.

The WT writers have an odd sense of humor, ya know? Rather smug, because "back then" - I would doubt that there were many others who could afford Cadillacs, and even fewer jw's.

I remember even in the '70's, the local jw's were so indignant against preachers making money off their members......and ol' Rutherford was doing it blatantly in the 30's! And the WT still flaunting it.

waiting

ps: Quote from Awake: "1970-today Range Rover. Considered the world's best 4-wheel-drive utility vehicle." As usual.........they don't tell you WHO considers it the best - and it might be debatable.

Another quote: "1959-today Mini. This innovative and popular car was also very successful in races and rallies." Mini WHAT? Are they referring to the Mini Cooper - that's what it looks like in the picture. Was there any car called just "Mini"?

Edited by - waiting on 17 January 2003 17:21:54

• Bendrr
    Bendrr
    ps: Quote from Awake: "1970-today Range Rover. Considered the world's best 4-wheel-drive utility vehicle." As usual.........they don't tell you WHO considers it the best - and it might be debatable.

Another quote: "1959-today Mini. This innovative and popular car was also very successful in races and rallies." Mini WHAT? Are they referring to the Mini Cooper - that's what it looks like in the picture. Was there any car called just "Mini"?

When did Awake?! start endorsing vehicles? Got a scan of that article you could post?

Waiting, I'm sure they're referring to the little Mini Cooper. BTW, don't the new Mini's look awesome? I can't wait to see some "Fast & The Furious" versions.

Mike.

Edited by - bendrr on 17 January 2003 18:18:27

• Dawn
    Dawn

Sounds like good old Car & Driver Mag has some competition eh?

Too bad they don't put more effort into actually teaching the BIBLE........GADS.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Maybe the WT has recently bought some new STOCKS.

• Beans
    Beans

Looks like a Watchtower Pimpmobile.

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

I'll see what I can do, Bendrr. Check back in about half an hour or so

• joenobody
    joenobody

Geez... Awake! articles like these about Western luxuries like cars must go over real well in Third World countries. Classy move Watchtower! Some bozo writer must've been incredibly bored.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit