Anyone seen Jan 8 Awake!

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Shakita
    Shakita

Nice Car!

Looks like he was "storing up treasures in heaven" with the purchase of that little piece.

Mrs. Shakita

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

The name of the car was originally just "Mini"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Okay, here's the article, in extra BIG file size - bandwidth wimps need not apply:

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Waiting, this is for you from Consumers Reports:

Model year: 2003 Vehicle type: Small car

Mini Cooper

The new Mini, developed by BMW, manages to blend much of the rakish charm of the old '60s classic with modern levels of cabin amenities and safety. It is powered by an all-new 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, paired with either a five-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The manual version offers easy shifting and crisp throttle response. Handling is extremely agile, but the ride is choppy and the base engine lacks oomph. Road noise is pronounced. Tall people will find the cockpit roomy, but the rear is very tight. A supercharged S model with a six-speed manual is quicker and grippier but rides more harshly. The Mini features an extensive roster of safety equipment.

New for 2003: No significant changes

• qwerty
    qwerty

Here you go.................Click on trick your own Mini at the bottom.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Thanks for posting the article Stephanus! They should have put a few "Muscle Cars" in there, seeing they put in the disclaimers about driving fast and improper seat-belt usage. Boy, Rutherford sure looked the part for a Publishing Tycoon didn't he!?..LOL Funny thing too, they didn't put in any scriptures and make reference to enjoying these cars now, because it's back to the horse and buggy in the "new system".

CC

• Englishman
    Englishman

There were originally 2 Mini's, the Austin Mini and the Morris Mini, the only difference being in the radiator grille. Quite by chance, the design was quickly recognised as being superb for rally driving, with the result that a faster Mini became available which was known as the Mini Cooper.

The Range Rover, essentially a luxury Land Rover, has been one of the UK's top exports since it's inception.

The Thrust SSC project is of interest to me, my kid brother played a major roll in all the photography involved as the designers would not use a commercial company to do the processing fearing that the material would be leaked to the press.

Englishman.

• Englishman
    Englishman

..Why does judge Rutherford always put me in mind of W.C. Fields?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Why does Judge Rutherford always put me in mind of WC Fields?
    Could it be a fondness for alcohol, along with a severe dislike for dogs and children?

I can't believe the audacity of the WT Society, in showing off their ex-leader and his luxury car!! A few years back they quoted a Ray Stevens song that lampooned TV preachers: "Would Jesus Wear a Rolex on his Television Show?" If "da judge" Rutherford had a Rolex and a TV show (rather than radio sermons), he certainly would have worn that Rolex!!

• waiting
    waiting

Audacity of the WT showing their esteemed leader behind The Top Caddy at the time is a correct view..........when local jw's were scrambling in trailers so that they could pioneer....and were told not to have children because The End Was Near. The vast majority of local jw's at that time were dirt poor, particularily down south.

Hopefully, our brothers in Third World Countries will appreciate that WT President Judge Rutherford had matching Cadillacs - one for New York and one for Beth Sarim, the WT mansion in California. Lol.....along with his mistress.

"If you want to be famous, write a book. If you want to make money, start a religion." L. Ron Hubbard (paraphrased - at work right now.) Guess Rutherford covered both areas, like Hubbard, eh?

As for the Mini? First time I saw one was my future jw grandparents-in-law. They had matching mini's! My mouth just gapped open.....those cars didn't even look real!

And yes, my husband informed me.........they were called just "mini".

waiting

ps: I LOVE the new Mini Cooper! The dealerships who can get them make about $5-7 thousand more than invoice on them right now. Hot little car.......and sooooo cute. Well, good cars too. But cute - foremost.

Edited by - waiting on 18 January 2003 11:51:32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit