help me understand: My wife seems to be utterly detested by skelletons and skulls. Why?

by goingthruthemotions 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

that interesting, did the BORG push that alot in the 70's and 80's?

Every unexplained phenomenon is the result of demons.

If electricity was a new, unexplained concept, it would be the product of demonism.

Doc

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

DOC:

that made me laugh. Nice!

• kaik
    kaik

I like visiting Bone churches like this one

• smiddy
    smiddy

"at one point in time she thought Armageddon was starting whenever there was a bad storm"

Your wife is not alone their by a long shot.

The governing body thrives on news of doom and gloom in the media , it reinforces their doctrine of the last days of this system of things so close at hand , just around the corner , it`s imminent.

It`s all about control , the G.B. control the rank and file with fear about Armageddon , fear about the Great Tribulation ,fear that they are not doing enough in service to survive the end , fear that they are not obeying the G.B. as God`s sole channel of communication in this time of the end.

And why is your wife so freaked out by skeletons and skulls ?

simple my friend

Jehovah`s Witnesses are just so superstitious as a religious people , you need to investigate this aspect.

smiddy

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Skulls and bones are part of rituals and logos of various groups that Botchtower and JWs find offensive, immoral or otherwise not of God and ones they profess to detest. This includes groups such as pagans, witches, pirates, bikers, military, metal, rock, or alternative music bands, etc. The skull and crossbones is the symbol for poison and death.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Why is she so freaked out by skeletons and skulls?

Just a personal phobia perhaps...... this might have no link to the dangerous cult.

• Vidiot
  • Island Man
    Island Man

I agree with SecretSlaveClass. Skulls and skeletons are often associated with occultism so JWs quickly associate them with demonism. Some JWs associate anything grotesque or scary-looking with demonism, regardless of whether or not the portrayal professes to be occult in nature. A sci-fi portrayal of a grotesque-looking creature would very easily be labelled as "demonic" by a brainwashed JW.

Aside from it's occult connotations, the skull is often used simply as an iconic symbol of death. Thus the skull and bones symbol of the pirates is meant to strike fear in the heart of their victims that they (the pirates) are fearsome, murderous thugs who are not to be trifled with as they will not think twice of killing you if you fail to comply with their wishes or if you dared to defy them.

The skull is also used as part of universal signs used to label products as being toxic or poisonous.

It's possible that humans evolved a deep-seated aversion to the sight of skulls as this afforded a survival advantage. Early pre-humans who avoided being around skulls also avoided the local environmental hazards that killed the persons who became the skulls.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

goingthuthemotions - "My wife seems to be utterly detested by skeletons and skulls."

Next time she says "I hate skulls", have a bit of fun with her...

...ask her, "you do know that you have one under your face, right?"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Island Man - "Some JWs associate anything grotesque or scary-looking with demonism, regardless of whether or not the portrayal professes to be occult in nature. A sci-fi portrayal of a grotesque-looking creature would very easily be labelled as 'demonic' by a brainwashed JW."

An absolutely prime example would be Ridley Scott's Alien; that f**king thing horrified dyed-in-the-wool JWs.

x

I used to have fun with those types when I was still in.

They'd go on about how monstrous movie aliens were portrayed (quite self-righteously, I might add), and how it absolutely must be demonic influence behind the filmmakers' efforts (because what else could it be?)...

...to which I'd respond by saying, "have you ever looked through a wildlife encyclopedia? There's things at the bottom of the ocean that make movie monsters look tame by comparison."

That always shut them up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit