Did Most At The Kingdom Hall Ignore Or Talk To You

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• benext
    benext

There were people I'd make a point of going over to and speaking with. I was never a part of the clique so that crew would ignore me and me them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was ignored for the most part. I stood out very much from the other Witnesses. I had absolutely nothing in common with any of them. There would be maybe 1 who would talk to me regularily. However, when it came to the others, this is how the convo went:

Br: Hi Nosferatu!

Me: Hello!

Br: How's school going

Me: Fine

Br: That's good!

Then they'd walk away. I suppose I could have put more effort into conversing with people, but I was too damn depressed over the fact that I was stuck in this religion.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

After my divorce I felt like I was marked. Oh yeah they would give you the greeting, handshake and smile but it was all too phoney. Also because I was not the good Elder/Pioneer brother. You can feel their coldness at family functions and congregation get togethers. The Jdubs concept of love, conditionally.

Will

• spike
    spike

Not really and when I said something to an elders' wife, she remarked if we said hi to everyone in the hall, it would take us 2 hours. And then we would not have time for meetings or field service.

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

for me it was mostly older ladies that would talk to me, and there were times where I sat down just to see who would come over and chit chat.

other times when someone was sitting by themselves I would wander over and talk to them. like most halls, there are cliques. In the 12 years I WAS there, there were still some ya never talked to.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I couldn't stand most of the people in the Cong. I thought most of them were idiots. I did have the few people I enjoyed to talk to, but most were social rejects. I usually get along with everyone, but these people just irked me. So I was pretty quiet and most people ignored me. But then again, I was the PO's son in law so maybe they were afraid to approach me, who knows and who cares....

• LB
    LB

They couldn't ignore me. Wasn't possible. I always made an effort to talk to each of them. I was almost always the first person at the hall. We threw lots of get togethers and invited the entire congregation every time.

Oh and at the store today, a sister spotted me and looked around 360 degrees, then came over and we had a nice little conversation. So not all of them are anal.

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

I got along well with mostly everyone at the KH up north. When I moved to Tn. I was the new single brother and got alot of interest. When Tink and I got married we did not get friendly responses. I was supposed to marry another pioneer and Tink was supposed to wait a minimum of one year after her divorce to start dating..Crock of S..t. We were given the cold shoulder alot.

As an observation, I noticed alot of people being ignored, some for the same reason Tink and I were ignored, and some for various other reasons, like single sisters with kids, not-so-regular attenders, shy ones..etc.

CC

• shera
    shera

I had a few friends that I chatted with at the meetings.Most of the people there didn't talk to me,because I was the quite,shy one.So basically I was enored.When I was done talking I just stood by the door waiting for my drive.Taake me hoome!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

We were ignored mostly or if we were in a conversation it was inane I tried to be friendly but they were impossible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit