BBC interview about 1975 - never heard this before..

by defender of truth 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great thread!

Thanks for bumping.

It is simply mind blowing to see how the society is attempting to white wash history with the 2017 convention video!

HOW can they possibly think they can get away with such crafty manipulation??

• undercover
    undercover

Timely bump. Marking to refer to the info later

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread over the years.

Special thanks to Cha Ching and Stumpy for the links.

Thanks also to Snugglebunny for the laugh!!

• Vanderhoven7
  • Ding
    Ding

After 1975 came and went, an elder told me, "My service to Jehovah isn't tied to a date."

I said, "That's funny. A year ago all you could talk about was that date."

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

@Ding

Didn't know you were ever a Witness ... How long were you in? What made you decide to leave?

I had a fellow high-school graduate in 1968 tell me that if I didn't become a JW by 75 I would be destroyed. I told him that he would wake up in 1976 with egg all over his face.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

54,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Britain in 1968, when this interview took place.

Two false predictions later (1975 and “this generation”) and there are now over 140,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses in Britain.

How do they do it?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well, I never heard of that interview or seen this thread before, things can pass you by.

I do remember Phil Reece at the London Bethel. Up until now I always liked his manner, a typically plain speaking Australian.

He does not mince words though....

“Q) Does this mean the rest will die

A ) Yes..........”

He must have passed away now along with all those old enough to take the lead in promoting that wrong idea . They were exciting, happy days for dubs.

Now they have a long slog ahead to their eventual death before “waking up in the New World “. At least, that’s how the older ones see it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Apparently there is one born every minute , and I must have been one of them because I became a JW in 1960.

And it took me another 18 years after `75 to see the light and wake up.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Smiddy3,

Sadly, you are quite correct!

50 years ago almost to the minute since I let that bloody lot talk me out of pursuing the degree course in engineering science, yet it took me over 20 years to bid them goodbye.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit