BBC interview about 1975 - never heard this before..

by defender of truth 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

The shelves are full of book exposing the Witness Orgaisation.The Internet is full of factual recordings exposing the Witness organisation. We understand the language.

My question is why are such messages not accepted by the indoctrinated?

I don't know the answer to my question, but each day I say continuously to myself " Thank you" because I understand the language, and i am no longer indoctrinated.

The Rebel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Fred Franz, "We know it's a critical year, but we're not saying."

Hint, innuendo and manipulation.

Everyone certainly knew what Franz was implying.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Me and my younger bro were prepping to go to College in the early 1980s. My Mom tried to dissuade us as "the end was so close now". The 2 of us just looked at her with incredulity. I said "Mom, Armageddon was supposed to be here over 5 years ago."

And still, Armageddon has not arrived.

• snugglebunny
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    the words "egg on face" clearly apply here, never heard that at all although I do remember Reece giving talks at DC's when I was a kid, I wonder who the London head honcho was back then?
  • snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    he words "egg on face" clearly apply here, never heard that at all although I do remember Reece giving talks at DC's when I was a kid, I wonder who the London head honcho was back then?

Probably Wilf Gooch.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    Oh yes, Wilf Gooch, a Bethel heavy if there ever was one, surely must be dead by now?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Oubliette - "Fred Franz, 'We know it's a critical year, but we're not saying.' Hint, innuendo and manipulation. Everyone certainly knew what Franz was implying...."

"Now, we're not saying Armageddon will take place in 1975..."

xxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx"... but Armageddon will take place in 1975."

• cha ching
    cha ching

My husband remembered this you tube video featuring a former C.O. discussing why he and his wife left in 1974. He recalls how some C.O.s were saying "36 months to Armageddon brothers", then "24 months to Armageddon brothers".

This did not happen in the hall we attended, so my husband questioned our friends asking them if they remembered similar experiences. He found "two witnesses" who confirmed that they experienced the same C.O. talks as described in this video.

The entire video is relevant to the 1975 issue:

http://www.isgodthere.org/watchtower1/

• flipper
    flipper

I'm glad this was bumped up. Thanks Cha Ching. As a then JW teenager being raised in the JW cult in 1975 - I can attest to the FEAR tactics used in talks at assemblies, kingdom halls by Circuit Overseers and District Overseers in 1974 to scare JW's into more field service, scare them into never missing a meeting for fear that they'd DIE at Armageddon if they " slacked off " . The JW organization was REALLY hardcore back then. And these malignant comments WERE made by these WT appointed men that " we don't know if we'll have another assembly in this system of things, but Jehovah willing we'll be in the paradise by 1975 ! " I mean- I heard this crap being said publicly over the platform often in 1974. Now - Here I am 42 years after 1975 in my late 50's with adult children and a grandchild. WT leaders should be thrown into prison and told " you'll get out within " this generation " " - and then never let out. Peace out, mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit